Mathematics Olympiad (2 Viewers)

gnizm

HSC
Hello guys! This is my first post in here. Actually, I'm searching person, who have some experience in International Mathematics Olympiad, competed lots of Mathematics Competition. Also, I'm 11th grade and I'm living in Sydney. I have quite experience in Maths and I want to improve my Maths skills to compete successful in IMO! Hope you guys suggest me someone! !:drink:

GoldyOrNugget

Señor Member
HSC
John Papantoniou is an IMO medallist and he posts on the Tutoring forums occasionally. He posted in the last few months. Try him.

Frankly, you won't find many people on this forum who have that sort of experience. Buy the Australian Maths Olympiad booklet from AMT and work through the problems.

There isn't that much overlap between the kind of maths you'll see in the 4U threads and the kind you need for olympiads.

cho6092

HSC
Seeing that you're completing HSC in 2016, I'm assuming you're in Year 10, which means it's the last year for you to do the AIMO (11 Sept). If you want to get into IMO it's important to do well in the AIMO, get invited into the Olympiad camps, and then compete for a place in the IMO.

Stygian

HSC
Seeing that you're completing HSC in 2016, I'm assuming you're in Year 10, which means it's the last year for you to do the AIMO (11 Sept). If you want to get into IMO it's important to do well in the AIMO, get invited into the Olympiad camps, and then compete for a place in the IMO.
they said they are in year 11, meaning they have already passed beyond the limit of AIMO which is, as you said, for students up to year 10 level

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)