Mathematics Tutoring (1 Viewer)

danielbarter

HSC
Hello Bored of Studies community, My name is Daniel Barter. I am offering a tutoring service in Mathematics for year 11 and/or year 12 students that live in the Eastern Suburbs.

I graduated in 2007 and achieved a Mathematics Ext 1 mark of 98/100 and a Mathematics Ext 2 mark of 97/100. (if you are interested my other subjects were Biology, Chemistry and English Advanced and my UAI was 98.35).

Throughout my HSC year I tutored students within my 4U class and helped them master the tricks behind Integration, Mechanics and Further 3U (a topic which although very easy, is often neglected by many teachers). If you are looking for references, I will provide you with contact details of members of my class.

To year 11 students: I am offering tutoring in the Mathematics and Mathematics Ext 1 Preliminary courses, which will allow you to improve your preliminary results. As a bonus I will also be tutoring future Ext 2 students in mathematical problem solving, for example Proof by contradiction, The Pigeon hole principle and Modular counting (which can be a useful tool in complex number, roots of unity questions) and maybe brush over vector principles such as the dot product and the cross product which can also help in complex number questions. These skills will help you greatly when it comes to tackling the harder questions which often appear in the 4U HSC exams.

To year 12 students: I am offering tutoring in Mathematics, Mathematics Ext 1, and Mathematics Ext 2 HSC courses. I will help you master all of the topics which are include within the HSC syllabus. I will also be teaching Ext 2 students how to tackle the harder problems which often appear towards the end of 4U HSC exams.

I have many resources to help you achieve within your HSC year. If you are wondering, I don’t give out notes as I believe note making is a integral part of the learning process.

I also have an almost unlimited supply of HSC-style questions including every single past HSC, M-bank (which is all the pervious catholic trials organized by topic) and lots of trial examinations from top schools such as grammar and James Ruse.

I am going to be charging $25 an hour

If you are interested contact me on my mobile phone: 0424402645
Or
E-mail me at danielbarter@gmail.com

I hope to hear from you and good luck for the upcoming year.

UPDATE:

I have decided to make the first lesson free so you can meet me and we can discuss what you want to do during the sessions.

Last edited:

danielbarter

HSC
Also, forgot to add: I will be studying mathematics next year at university.

HSC
N/A
usyd is the ONLY place for mathematics

you could do TSP at usyd!! =P

danielbarter

HSC
Usyd is correct :D. I applied for Advanced Mathematics (hopfully i get in, my UAI is lower than the 2007 cut off).

Yeh it would be awsome if i got into the TSP, but i dont really have my hopes up as all the infomation i have about it says 99+ UAI and/or 95 + in 4U. It seems to me like they are emphasising the 99 UAI.

HSC
N/A
i know a friend who got into TSP with 94 in 4u maths...

she topped the state in 3u maths tho!

well, i think they emphasise the maths more - just ask!

but tsp is just gives you the of overloading in your first few years, so that if you're doing a double degree, you can focus more on the non-science degree.

it really doesnt make too much of a difference

danielbarter

HSC
Bump! come on eastern suburbs!! give me a call on 0424402645. Tell you what, I will make the first lesson free so you can meet me and we can go over what you want out of the tutoring sessions.

behemoth100

Adv_Sci_Tutor
HSC
Hey congrats! By the way you can easily get into TSP for Maths, all you have to do is ask. See those "cut offs" are just recommendations. If you show you are skilled in maths (regardless of whether you are significantly below the cutoff) they can trial you at TSP and your coordinator will report back to the head of the TSP faculty thing and let them know how you are going.
Its no where near as rigid as you might think.

jezwateva

HSC
I went to school with this dude and he is seriously a God of Maths.
That's all I have to say!

adreeannuh

HSC
Bump.

I'm interested.

But I think I've already told you that via email.

First lesson free huh? So it can be considered an evaluating lesson for both sides.

I need a tutorrrrrrrrrrr.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)