Mathematics? (1 Viewer)

zeddax

HSC
I would like to know those students who chose to not do mathematics at all for their HSC and why they chose not to?

I chose to ignore the unintellectual geriatric mathematician inside my brain and when I did so teachers and mother (head maths teacher at my school) frowned upon me with great frowning eyes. Deputy said: 'unwise move Ms Bennett...you'll regret it"

Well I don't.

//Zeddax :rofl:

cs01001

HSC
Jachie doesn't do Maths. I guess it all comes down to personal interest, but usually people who don't do Maths owns English.

cccclaire

HSC
2 of my best friends dropped maths this year.
They always tell me it was the best decision they've made.

Zephyrio

HSC
loleno said:
You can still do well without doing mathematics at all.
Yeah. A girl at my school got 99.75 without doing maths.

Good on you, if you stuck to the subjects you like.

Which school do you go to? And zomg the head teacher of maths is your MUM? LOLOL.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
cs01001 said:
Jachie doesn't do Maths.
Kujah said:
Talk to Jachie. :)
:eek:

erm, I didn't pick maths for a lot of reasons. I didn't enjoy it, for one thing. I go to a school with a lot of mathematical wizards and even though I'm sure I'm not THAT bad at it (got band 5 in SC) I still felt like shit compared to everyone else, and I didn't really need the low self-esteem. there was also a chance that the teacher for general maths (which I was at one point planning on doing) would be be the one I had in year 10, who I had quite a lot of problems with. so there was no way I was going to risk having her in senior years, and then when the lines were given to us I was like "fuck maths, I wanna do ancient!" so I did :santa:

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
magpam said:
lol you got a band 5 and *cough* youre not good at it

youre as good as any asian (since everyone is using the term and sterotyping thought i'd do it myself)
haha. azn pride, respect :santa:

nah, I know I'm not absolutely horrible at it, but considering the brains I go to school with I'd probably end up feeling really shit about myself, so I just figured 'why go there?' and picked ancient instead.

Haecce

HSC
I was in Maths 3 in Year 9 and in the last term our teacher went on holidays. The substitute was a man who preferred to do magic tricks than basics of trig, so when I was moved to Maths 2 in Year 10 (the class had had a proper teacher), I really just never caught on to the trig being taught... after receiving 51% on a test I stopped caring I started doing the "I'm not doing math next year" dance. When I realised I could convince the school to offer a better alternative than photography, the matter was settled.

And yes - best. decision. ever. The Studies Of Religion class is uproariously marvellous (perhaps because it was a choice for us) and I never need to worry about sine, cosine and tangent again.

Interestingly, of the 22 people doing Extension English, 13 don't do maths and 10 do Studies of Religon instead.

zeddax

HSC
I dont think what i want to go into requires mathematics. Journalism or Law or Arts degree. And if I do change my mind in the next year which is a possibility, then i can do a 6 week bridging course...all the maths for two years cramed into 6 weeks. I think id prefer that.

Yeh also mum is the head maths teacher...hehe but she is actually okay with it after we talked about it.

//Zeddax

I go to Wollumbin High. No where particularly special, ordinary public school. , Oh yeh I live in a low socio economic environment! Hehe but actually i would not have it any other way.

English Advance, English Extension, Italian Continuers, Anceitn History, Drama, Music and Legal Studies

And you Zephyrio? From where do you hail? Low socio or high class society intellectual free from government support? :)

//Zeddax

Last edited by a moderator:

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Maths and Science ftmfw.

I just had to say that. :)

HSC
Our lines are constructed so that the only way to drop maths at my school is to do Art. Hence, there are very few students who have been able to drop maths.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)