• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

maths 2 and 3 U (1 Viewer)

astro

HSC
Originally posted by Kulazzi
I went there for like half a year and found it very useless

I reckon it was a rip-off, and they've still been contacting me since I left in yr 6 (5 years now) I just got a mail from them today about year 11 courses and giving a 10% discount if you enrol in 2 or more courses AND you introduce a new family who have kids that have not been previously attending pre-uni AND THEY ARE enrolled in 2 or more courses :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have got to disagree with you on that kulazzi, every since my enrolling into pre uni, esp in yr 10 (god 8, 9 and 10 maths were the worst days of my life - you may know why) my marks, esp with yearlies last year, dramatically improved.......last in the class to second for yearly exam overall. As for english...i found that tutoring at pre uni was really helpful esp when it came to learning about the techniques used..... though you and christine both got 1st and 2nd respectively.....

For pre uni, it really depends on what teacher you have...and at tutoring there's no slacking off

Kulazzi

HSC
Originally posted by astro
I have got to disagree with you on that kulazzi, every since my enrolling into pre uni, esp in yr 10 (god 8, 9 and 10 maths were the worst days of my life - you may know why) my marks, esp with yearlies last year, dramatically improved.......last in the class to second for yearly exam overall. As for english...i found that tutoring at pre uni was really helpful esp when it came to learning about the techniques used..... though you and christine both got 1st and 2nd respectively.....

For pre uni, it really depends on what teacher you have...and at tutoring there's no slacking off
well, for maths it was mainly b/c we had that crap teacher for three consecutive years so pre-uni would def. come in handy but I really didn't need much for english since Mr. Heap is a teacher and good tutor i guess, but i do need some tutoring now for both these subjects and I am not going to pre-uni. My sis and bro went to Prior and even tho it's expensive, it's better than pre-uni. And plus pre uni is full of asians which kinda makes me feel dumb, no offence meant to anyone :)

Calculon

Mohammed was a paedophile
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lachlan Murray
my mate and i are both doing 3 unit maths.hes failing both 2 and 3 and i could use help with 3. can u tutor over the net?
If you need help with the occasional problem post it in the maths forums, or you can add me to your msn, my eamils in the prelim msn list thread

astro

HSC
Originally posted by Kulazzi
but I really didn't need much for english since Mr. Heap is a teacher and good tutor i guess,

Heap was good...but there were some things he didn't really teach us....eg. the important techniques used in visual texts etc....and also most of the time we just talked....u've gotta admit that you did talk on many occasions during class

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)