MATHS 2u HSC TIPS (1 Viewer)

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Those who got a band 6 for ^, how did you study for HSC.

After the trials what did you do?

Everyone else feel free to share how you study and what do you think would be the most effective think to do if you only have two months left.

AnimeX

HSC
N/A
true lol,

I think one paper for each three subjects a day! what you guys think.
Do this during the holidays. During schooltime just revise and maybe do one subject per day, past papers actually take a reasonable amount of time to complete, unless you just decide to answer the questions in your head.

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Do this during the holidays. During schooltime just revise and maybe do one subject per day, past papers actually take a reasonable amount of time to complete, unless you just decide to answer the questions in your head.
you deffs right man!

how you planning to study for you subjects!

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I mostly just bought the 2U past paper book and read the solutions lol.

Solution

BoS Revolutionary
HSC
N/A
I heard you did really good in 2u, lol congrats

can you remmeber what book was it, was it really helpful and did you just used the book,
Probably wasn't necessary for him to get the book or study 2u in the first place.

How dame are you, bro?

RealiseNothing

HSC
I heard you did really good in 2u, lol congrats

can you remmeber what book was it, was it really helpful and did you just used the book,
Excel Success One Mathematics Past Papers. I went through the past papers and looked at each question quickly, and the ones that looked different (i.e. not a textbook question) I went through my approach mentally for about 30 secs, then read the solutions. Took up a lot less time this way, but you probably need a solid understanding before doing this.

RealiseNothing

HSC
Plus the reason I went through the solution was mostly to see how to actually set out my working out rather than the answer itself.

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Plus the reason I went through the solution was mostly to see how to actually set out my working out rather than the answer itself.
Is that a good way to study? Should I study like this! Did you study like this? If I study like this can I get 100 ATAR and get into Medicine! Thanks,

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
Probably wasn't necessary for him to get the book or study 2u in the first place.

How dame are you, bro?
lol, I am not trying to be rude or anything. but please think before you post, this shows you know nothing about manners!

lightingbolt

HSC
N/A
SO TELL ME how did you study exactly and what you did on daily basis.

What I do is answer the question first, even if I think it is the hardest questions. After this I look at the solution.

Last edited:

maths_genius

HSC
I was a state-ranker in 2010 for mathematics.

I did 2 past HSC papers every week from trials to the final exam (1995 - present)... when you run out of papers, do the same ones! I know it seems like a waste of time, but you learn new things every time you re-do an exam.

I also did 1 trial every week from a trial-book that our teacher provided.

Make sure when you're doing the paper, you actually set a time-limit and do the entire paper before you look in the solutions. You learn much less when you look at the solutions straight away when you don't know how to do a question

yasminee96

HSC
Something i did when i'd become quite confident in 2u was that i printed out all the question 9s and 10s since 2007, and made them into a "monster trial", so basically Q1 was 2007 Q9, Q2 2007 Q10, and so on until Q10 was 2011 Q10 :) Doing this under time conditions should take 3 hours. But only when you're confident! You could go on to do this with 2002-2006 as well :) It's great practice for maximising your marks in Q9 and 10 (now 15 and 16) which should essentially get you 95+ (i made many silly mistakes in my HSC from q12 and 13 so you may want to also practice doing easier questions under timed conditions)

the most important thing, though, is doing as many papers possible, without of course disregarding other subjects, UNDER EXAM CONDITIONS. Even if you finish in 1 and a half hours, just keep going until you've checked your paper over 3-5 times, essentially this is what you'll be doing in hsc/trials and you need to know how you should be checking. Mark yourself harshly with the strictest marking guidelines so that you can ensure to get full marks for each question thus maximising your mark - imitate your maths teacher marking your trial paper on his/her worst day haha :)

and don't do one question then check the answer then do another and check the answer - this is silly unless it's your first ever past paper. Do a FULL EXAM, again under exam conditions, and then check your answers.

I personally finished about 20-30 trial papers and did HSC papers from 2001-2011 when i sat for 2u, but i was accelerated so i had more time on my hands - finished about 30-40 trials for 3u. So just do as many as you possibly can, perhaps one a day but would be better to do 1 every second day to fit in your other subjects..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)