Maths + actuarial at macquarie (1 Viewer)

kaseita

we got told that we won't escape uni without writing at least one essay

so I figure we'll end up with one essay the whole period :p

RIZAL

HSC
william: I'll sell you my copy of 'Introduction to Actuarial Studies'. It's written by arguably the most well known Actuary in Australia and previous head of the Actuarial Department of Macquarie - John Pollard.

$50 ono :)

william

HSC
Originally posted by Isaaq
william: I'll sell you my copy of 'Introduction to Actuarial Studies'. It's written by arguably the most well known Actuary in Australia and previous head of the Actuarial Department of Macquarie - John Pollard.

For others: what do you reckon of that price?

william

HSC

what else do you have? there are other 9 programs in the first year, like accounting 1A , statistical Data analysis______

ricenoodles

HSC
economics textsbooks are so boring...esp that yr 11 tim dixon one

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by william
what else do you have? there are other 9 programs in the first year, like accounting 1A , statistical Data analysis______
I have everything... almost brand new infact.
Originally posted by SoFTuaRiaL
in that case, econ reading would be useful. maybe even the hsc econ textbk ...
If you're coming to MQ, don't bother with HSC textbook, just buy or borrow the Prescribed Textbook. No point reading something which won't help much in comparison to something else.

RIZAL

HSC
william: I'll sell you STAT171 (first semester course) and I can sell you the Accounting 1A and 1B book in about 5 weeks. Oh, then there is COMP 115.

I might sell the whole lot of first semester texts (including ACST 151 book) for $150....

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I reckon the Accounting 1A and 1B textbook is good value for money. :p

william

HSC
Originally posted by flyin'
I have everything... almost brand new infact.

If you're coming to MQ, don't bother with HSC textbook, just buy or borrow the Prescribed Textbook. No point reading something which won't help much in comparison to something else.
william: I'll sell you STAT171 (first semester course) and I can sell you the Accounting 1A and 1B book in about 5 weeks. Oh, then there is COMP 115.

I might sell the whole lot of first semester texts (including ACST 151 book) for $150....
That's cool , I will finish my HSC after 6th of Nov, then I may come MQ to meet you guys.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Well, don't even bother with our ACST211 Lectures, now. It's relatively difficult... :p

-=«MÄLÅÇhïtÊ»=-

HSC
nah come, it'll be interesting
we juz did nested integrals which basically finds the volume under a surface (could b rough surface). And the volume underneath is the prob of sumfin occuring etc.

TUPAC

well i like both mq and unsw both unis maths and actl programs are excellent but unsw probably outclasses mq in maths

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)