Maths book (1 Viewer)

nekobutterfly

HSC
Hey i was wondering if anyone would know a good maths book which has lots of questions? because my maths book covers everything but there aren't alot of questions and i really need more questions because otherwise i completely forget how to do them. Anyone able to help? :)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
coroneos is really good :)

i'm not sure if there's a 2u version available for prelim...? (i'm assuming you're in prelim looking at your profile...)

but if there is that's got a lot of good and challenging questions

i've heard cambridge is quite good as well. done a few worksheets from that book and the questions are pretty good. i've heard cambridge also divides its questions into levels - so you can progress from beginners to the harder Q...

but someone might wanna check me up on that one...i dnt really know :)

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Cambridge is good
Coroneos is on the same level
Do you make note of the questions you have trouble with when doing the homework? You should, so then you can come back on them....it's a good idea.

Ciao

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
I am addicted to using Excel HSC Maths: Revise in a Month - by Lyn Baker, that is just the best revision book for Maths I've ever seen.

It actually helped me gain confidence because it has Key Exam Questions which demonstrate the nature of questions in the Trial & External HSC Exams which previously I was never familiar with.

zdzislaw

Jack, much
HSC
Mmm...I agree with ^^^^^^^^^^^^
My sis got a UAI of 99.6 by studying off them....although she is incredibly smart =]

nekobutterfly

HSC
Thankjs :p hehe i have the Cambridge maths book but not the study one so i will do some questions from that , it is just the layout and all that stuff is very different to our school maths book so it looks confusing, i will buy some more because i need to improve heaps :p Thanks guys!

kloudsurfer

HSC
f3nr15 said:
I am addicted to using Excel HSC Maths: Revise in a Month - by Lyn Baker, that is just the best revision book for Maths I've ever seen.

It actually helped me gain confidence because it has Key Exam Questions which demonstrate the nature of questions in the Trial & External HSC Exams which previously I was never familiar with.
Really? I have seen it but i didnt look at it because i didnt think it would be any good.

Does it have lots of questions?

Last edited:

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
kloudsurfer said:
Really? I have seen it but i didnt look at it because i didnt think it would be any good.

Does it have lots of questions?
It does not have too much questions, it has the right amount of questions, they are useful questions and it doesn't just simply reword question after question they change quite variably, therefore I find it a highly efficient study guide.
Consider purchasing/borrowing it with or without permission, you won't regret it.

It was given to me by a girl who completed her HSC in 2005 and her brother in the same year as me decided to do General Maths so gave it to me instead.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
dr baby beanie said:
I found the prelim excel maths (2u and ext1) guides to be better than the current HSC one. :)
That's because there's much more explanations, the HSC one is just some random questions with answers, little or no word explanations, tips or tricks.

I have both Preliminary & HSC Excel Study guides for Maths only, not Maths Ext. 1, because I don't really care much about Maths Ext. 1.

cl3nta

HSC
yeh prelim ones owned the hsc ones so i didnt buy hsc ones :p i have quite a few. Cambridge, Fitzpatrick, Jones & couchman, past hsc exam papers something like 19xx to 20xx. they are good because they show how to set out nicely etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)