• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths + Commerce Careers (2 Viewers)

Studentleader

HSC
N/A
haiderr said:
Investment Banking is the way to go! I was planning on doing that but i heard in a Finance Academy that IB has teh longest hours in the Business world, n they really suck ur blood for the money u get. So im having second thoughts.

You could also do Actuarial Studies, not that its any easier, infact prolly the hardest in the Commerce field! it rotates around Quantitative (u spelt it wrong in ur post) risk management and analysis, n u usually end up working in Health/Life/Property Insurance Service firms n the like.

other things related to IB are: Corporate Financing (equity/debt financing for Investments etc); Foreign Income, Rates and Currency (FIRC)...theres soooo much more.... do a google search, ull b amazed at wat ull find.

btw, its spelt 'entrepreneur'...i think
Yeah reading the thread on front-esk salary IB is a bit of a turn of with $20 per hr.

Actuarial studies looks alright though i'd prefer financial economics or something where theres more chance of being promoted to mangament roles ather then being a pen pusher.

Yeah i have been looking around, IB looks like a kind of outlier with the commerce field atm :S

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)