Maths difficulty in Applied Finance? (1 Viewer)

p3rf3ction

HSC
Hi,

Im in year 12 currently and doing General Maths. I'm hoping to get into Applied finance and im not sure if my level of maths will suffice. For those doing App Fin, could you explain how difficult the maths use in the subject is? If I need to learn new things, will a bridging course help me understand the course better?

Another question I have is the difference between the Commerce majoring in finance and App finance. In terms of the maths and just the course itself, is much more different and would it be more suitable due to my maths knowledge? Thanks

xAnDi

HSC
I think general maths wouldnt be enough, as some of the maths touches alot on 2unit maths such as logathrims etcetc, so completing up to 2u maths would be the best option. If you are 1st year then you would of taken a course called ACST101, which the maths there doesnt get too much harder from there.However if you do take the materials and find the maths a bit uncomfortable , u can take up a maths bridging course called math123 or something like that.

In terms of difference to Bappfin and commerce finance, there is no difference in terms of job prospects , but in terms of subject selection and difficulty, BAppfin is harder then commerce finance, as you can check in your handbook there is significant difference in 2nd year and 3rd year between the both, mainly the capstone subjects.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)