Maths exam changes (1 Viewer)

Magical Kebab

HSC
Since 4u/2u have been changed to /100 marks and 3u to /70 marks, does that mean you would have more time relative to past years or has the structure/difficulty of the exams been changed so that the actual length of the exam is still around the same?

Menomaths

Exaı̸̸̸̸̸̸̸̸lted Member
HSC
Yes to it being shorter or the same length?
yes
edit: I kid, looking at the 2012 papers I'd say difficulty is still the same so relatively we have more time as mcq take less time to do. Because of this the cut off will obviously be higher so it doesn't really matter

Magical Kebab

HSC
yes
edit: I kid, looking at the 2012 papers I'd say difficulty is still the same so relatively we have more time as mcq take less time to do. Because of this the cut off will obviously be higher so it doesn't really matter
Yeah true, so it's all relative cos the difficulty evens out.

Makematics

HSC
Lol but it really depends on how much they allocate to each mark. A noticeable trend in trial papers has been that they make you do an absolute crapload just for one mark, though we cant really tell if this is true of the hsc since there has only been one paper. I would say it is definitely easier, especially since the difficulty of the questions has descreased noticeably

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)