Maths-Ext 1/2 Marks Lost and Hardest Topics (1 Viewer)

Qeru

HSC
Yep I wanted to showcase the 'reverse product rule,'

SO our integral is in the form: but off by a constant of

Qeru

HSC
Jeez my head hurt just by looking at these equations, I'm also gonna apply for Ext 1 Maths, but now when I see this I'm like, sh*t, SH*T.
This is extension 2 so don't worry haha.

tito981

HSC
Yep I wanted to showcase the 'reverse product rule,'

SO our integral is in the form: but off by a constant of

ye when i watched the mit integration bee i felt it was an easy expansion + reverse pro rule, iirc neither of the contestants got it right.

Qeru

HSC
Yes you can also do IBP on the first integral from the third line: to get

Which is the same thing.

Jojofelyx

HSC
What do you guys reckon the hardest papers are from the last 10 years in order (for ext 2 and 1)?

vernburn

HSC
Not really related but I remember reading that 1989 (especially the last question) is considered the hardest 4U paper ever written. As for the last 10 years I’d say 2010.

idkkdi

HSC
Not really related but I remember reading that 1989 (especially the last question) is considered the hardest 4U paper ever written. As for the last 10 years I’d say 2010.
i also heard 1989 last q is very hard.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
1989 last question was too hard, which was bad because that doesn't help in creating a ranking order, leaving aside how it makes the candidates feel.

Having removed 'harder 3u', the place with the opportunity for really challenging materials (IMO) is proof. The recent thread on second-order recursion illustrates one way the proof topic can be used to make challenging questions.

idkkdi

HSC
1989 last question was too hard, which was bad because that doesn't help in creating a ranking order, leaving aside how it makes the candidates feel.

Having removed 'harder 3u', the place with the opportunity for really challenging materials (IMO) is proof. The recent thread on second-order recursion illustrates one way the proof topic can be used to make challenging questions.
Mech is hard lol can’t do algebra :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)