Maths Ext 1 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

abbashussein

'06 Graduate
HSC
TABismyfuture said:
well, i had another look at the paper and i think I can solve the one which I left out yesterday. I guess I just had a bad day, shit happens, life goes on.
Time limit is the biggest issue, racing against time, its like theyre testing us on speed, rather than accuracy, understanding, and mathematical explantion.

but everyone shood stop thinking so hard about 3unit, i thnk about 31% get band E4 so there are enuff hgih bands to go around, seeming about 10K sutdneets o ext1 maths ;p

we should focus more for our next exams.
GOODLUCK every1 :D

ikeelu

HSC
can some freak who reckons they got 100% or close to it post up some of their answers or something

adothetechy

Adrian
HSC
Well Ext 1 lost it as a strong point for me. Used to be good at maths at my old school then family stuff happened, changed schools and kind of gave up. Stopped working in other words. Maths is all about practice. I didn't practice.

Should get around 33% for that paper. That won't get me any more than an E1. I never expected to do well in Ext 1 Maths, guess thats why I'm doing Ext 1 English. Better go study for that now. Once thats over, I can deal with SOR and Chemistry.

dunno04

HSC
it is bloody hard!!
I can't finish question 6 and 7.
and i fudge the question 7....
SO yeah...itz so bad!
:(

un 1

HSC
N/A
AT least it wasn't as hard as 2U. I'm only worried about the last part of question 7. I can post some answas if u want.

haque

HSC
ikeelu said:
can some freak who reckons they got 100% or close to it post up some of their answers or something
It appears there are quite a few people think they got full marks even tho it was one of the longer 3u exams-which q u want answers for

arkanisw

HSC
onebytwo said:
what are you?!
not some idiot who goes around calling everyone else noobs just coz he had no life and spent 12 hours a day preparing for the test.

and to tat guy: dude, i spent less than 2 min preparing for the test, and that 2 min was trying to remember simpson's rule which i cant derive on spot.

mathematics is my favorite subject, and i spent alot of time doing maths (not just before the exam though), so i expect a high score for myself. but i am not going to pretend i found it easy so i can shit everyone else and call them noobs. it WAS a hard paper for hsc ext 1.

go learn some humility.

and to everyone else: it was a hard test so expect good scaling :) even if u didnt do as well as u expected.

loads of those questions were non-standard like, making it hard to prepare for. i personally didnt prepare my tutee for those questions

Ennaybur

HSC
N/A
arkanisw said:
not some idiot who goes around calling everyone else noobs just coz he had no life and spent 12 hours a day preparing for the test.

and to tat guy: dude, i spent less than 2 min preparing for the test, and that 2 min was trying to remember simpson's rule which i cant derive on spot.

mathematics is my favorite subject, and i spent alot of time doing maths (not just before the exam though), so i expect a high score for myself. but i am not going to pretend i found it easy so i can shit everyone else and call them noobs. it WAS a hard paper for hsc ext 1.

go learn some humility.

and to everyone else: it was a hard test so expect good scaling :) even if u didnt do as well as u expected.

loads of those questions were non-standard like, making it hard to prepare for. i personally didnt prepare my tutee for those questions

um, well that makes you cool then :\

Priscilla899

HSC
Well, compared to the last few years i thought it was a lot harder. some bits were pretty good, some were ok, but as a whole it was in the hard category. The general standard of questions was hard. I did nearly all of the past HSCs from 89 onwards and usually 1-5 is pretty straightforward...even if the questions are tricky they are possible to get out. But in this one I found that there was stuff in the earlier half of the paper that was just.....generally a lot harder than other years. Questions 6 and 7 were tricky.............did anyone else find that they'd get close to the answers for a lot of them but just one letter r somethin was missing and it screwed everything up? grrrrrrrrrrr

Priscilla899

HSC
Pez, you're the man!
But in reply to abba......... who quoted pesila....I felt that the exam really didn't cover as much as it hould've...like out of the whole binomial theorem, what did we have to do? A twomark thing! And I just love trig, its my blitz area and there was just nothing! I hate the fact that for all we do in 3U, we get tested on so much calculus applications..........dammit

Last edited:

Nesty

Proud TB =)
HSC
hard. question 7 was actually alright.. 4,5,6 was wtf. that damn induction question man. i thought i would have got a really easy induction and some really hard binomial theorem. grrr..

and all the show that questions.. haha.. i just can't seem to get what the question is asking me to show. grr..

Priscilla899

HSC
Maltesers said:
i walked into the exam room with confidence that i'll do well, and all went well until i reached question 6 -.-". i managed most of question 7 .. and some questions were difficult, like the projectile, induction. i walked out feeling crap, and i wasn't the only one .. everyone found it difficult, alot harder than last years paper.

@sober, i got 0 for that part =s .. i probably got it wrong then =[
yeah i got 0 i think.....................or i elliminating the 2 things with cosA or whatever the symbol was and then went hmmmmmmmmm...........thats not what im supposed to be getting...............interesting, i thought i was the only person who did that.

Priscilla899

HSC
charismo said:
go to hell faggot.
well, if ppl are finding 2U heaps harder than 3U then.....................??????
Did you study for 2U at all if you found 3U really easy?

Priscilla899

HSC
campersdemise said:
Some people dont think they passed? OMG N0000000BBBBBS.lmao easiest paper ever? I thought the CSSA maths 3u was easy but this was a walk in the park!!band 6 ftw. Had you people done 12 hours a day preparation like i did, then maybe you n00blets would of stood a chance. Now you people have failed your future, and possibly your life. How do you people live with yourself?I hope you are happy with yourself and the people you let down.
Do you have a life? AT ALL?
The HSC is only the beginning of life. In a few years, even few months, is anybody even going to care if they got over 90 in 3U maths? If thats what really matters to you, you really need to get out more.
To say that youve failed your future from one exam....that is just so ridiculous. Did you consider that perhaps you've runied any chance ofa social future or even social skills by doing maths for 12 hours a day? There is more to life than this. I love maths, but really, you need a balance. Everyone does or things turn insane.
BTW, its E4, not 6.

frances_m56

HSC
Worst thing ever!!!! absolutely impossible....... and it was my 18th birthday too....... oh well so completely over it.....

dunno04

HSC
lol...I spend a lot of time doing maths before exam...
BUT still cannot do good in the test...
Sad....
:(

Priscilla899

HSC
Sure, I spent a stack of time doing maths throughout Year 11 and 12. If i could divide the amount of study i did into say 10 units, maths took like 6 nd everything else 4. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with studying heaps its good in one sense, but its also important that you dont burn out by over-doing it. And i think its just plain rude to say that ppl are 'noobs' that havent done 12 hrs a day. 12 hrs the day beforee if you havent studied enough......but you've got to have balance in life. YOU'll miss out if you don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)