Maths Ext 2 - General thoughts on the exam (1 Viewer)

H

housemouse

Re: Maths EE2 - General thoughts on the exam

pesila said:
But yeah a pretty easy exam as far as 4 unit. Hoping I'll scale to 99 or something. Anyway, for all who didn't like it, it's over now.
That would be close to where vafa and hague are

HamuTarou

Ar U TaLkiNG 2 Me?! o.O
HSC

easy exam, needed more time...no hectic conics questions!!! mechanics/integration were...omg...y bother putting it in

implicity

HSC

Has anyone scanned a copy of the exam paper?

I'd be interested in checking it out :)

switchfootfan

HSC

i got one but i wont be able to scan it in until at least tomorrow morning around 10ish

Last edited:

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC

haque said:
That Ruse guy ur talking about is Graham White, he's not doing 4U this year(why would u repeat after ripping it up last year?)-but i reckon it's gonna be the duxes of maths at either sydney grammer or sydney boys this year-they both did quite well in the olympiads and i agree with LottoX that someone will get 120 this year-i'll be happy with a top 10(fingers crossed) cos my main aim was to get a good UAI and not necessarily rip up maths
overlooking ruse much? even without graham we still have many top maths students, in fact they do better than graham in school maths and just so you know, ning's doing very well in ext 2 as well
top place is always going to be impossible to predict, so don't bother
p.s. graham didn't rip maths as hard as you think

Last edited:

Maltesers

HSC

blah, i answered around 60% of the paper, then bits and pieces from here and there. I just hope i passed.

jackie1987

HSC

i couldnt do about 16marks..others were fine...i didnt feel it was that hard~~quite happy with it^^

princessj

PRINCESS JACKLIN!!!
HSC

chucknthem said:
I spent about 2 and a half hours on the first 5 questions, and did a bit of 6, a bit of 7 and non of q8.

I'm expecting about 50% :(:worried:
aaahhhh!!!! same here, but spent about 1.5-2 hours on the first four and i didnt even do them well, then i just went to questions 5-7 to get free marks

didnt attempt q8 ... and they rubbed it so hard in my face when the pupervisors were shocked that i didnt do it and they didnt know what to do.... oh my!... pfft they made me write not attempted everywhere!
how mean is that!!

Last edited:

desert fox

HSC

Most of it was really, good. 1-6 were relatively easy... though what the hell ws that complex number-ellipse question. i'd never seen anything like it. 7-8 i think i got just over half marks on both. definitely one of the easier exams ive seen

Raginsheep

HSC

The complex number ellipse one was just a harder version of the standard locus problems using complex numbers.

haque

HSC

misdreavous said:
overlooking ruse much? even without graham we still have many top maths students, in fact they do better than graham in school maths and just so you know, ning's doing very well in ext 2 as well
top place is always going to be impossible to predict, so don't bother
p.s. graham didn't rip maths as hard as you think
Lol how could i overlook ruse? i just didn't want to state the obvious and i know ning he used to be in my grade in year 9 before he went to ruse-ning's a machine doesn't make silly mistakes unlike a lot of us so he would definitely be up in the top 5-

un 1

HSC
N/A

Graham White?

un 1

HSC
N/A

i know a guy from my skool who finished the exam 4o minutes early and said it wa way easy, but i don't know if hes up there or not>

haque

HSC

un said:
i know a guy from my skool who finished the exam 4o minutes early and said it wa way easy, but i don't know if hes up there or not>
Just out of curioousity what skool u go to? Plus the thing was that this exAM was extremely easy and i'm sure many people finished early but its just the silly mistakes that bring people down-he must be quite good if he finished early however i don't believe that the exam was a fair indication of ones ability to the hardest of the hard questions but rather ones concentration power(that's not to say that those who don't make silyl mistakes aren't as good as they seem-full credit to them).

un 1

HSC
N/A

I go sydney grammar

haque

HSC

un said:
I go sydney grammar
If u go to sydney grammer then that guys definitely up there-just out of curiousity was he steven dieb or charles li? how did the other guys go at ur skool(i know i'm out of the running for a state position but i'm just curious)

un 1

HSC
N/A

charles li, do you know him. He is one of my best pals, ye i reckon he ripped the paper. I rekon he'll come first in the state and i'll come second(lol0-d u know who i am yet?

un 1

HSC
N/A
imade amistake. It was another of my best pals- steven dieb and there is a guy called david who killed it- modezero u must know him, its dat asian dude who wears glasses. Recently he got kicked out of class for arguing with da teacher over a really challenging question. Yes modezerop, u know me quite3 well. But don't disclose my name and i won't tell uwho iam at school

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)