• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Maths Ext 2 Predictions (14 Viewers)

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
media is for the masses, u rlly reckon general public is gonna be interested in a conversation about "mm yes the manipulation of the complex exponents falls outside the syllabus due to the general invalidation of exponential rules with non-integer values for the complex number system"

anyone who knows their stuff doesnt give 2 cents for what the mainstream media has to say, especially for ext 2 maths
yeah well it’s put up or shut up, publish or perish territory, so they choose to publish useless stuff about the exam but also choose to ignore the most controversial aspects of it at their peril.

they will be called out on it, as much as they may wish for silence on the matter

so if they were born without a brain hence are unable to publish anything remotely intelligible either for or against the oos accusation, then nobody will take them seriously.

femboys4life

HSC
yeah well it’s put up or shut up, publish or perish territory, so they choose to publish useless stuff about the exam but also choose to ignore the most controversial aspects of it at their peril.

they will be called out on it, as much as they may wish for silence on the matter

so if they were born without a brain hence are unable to publish anything remotely intelligible either for or against the oos accusation, then nobody will take them seriously.
theyll be called out by us, but still the vast majority of their readers will be perfectly happy with the mish mush fantasy world theyre projecting ext 2 to be. you want proper discourse on stuff like this you look for niche papers or even threads like these, mainstream media will never do it cuz majority of people simply dont care

sjfjqo

HSC
yo, im a bit late but what do u think a 70 raw would scale to? Also this exam was easier than 2023 and 2022 but did y'all find it harder or easier than 2021?

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
now accusations of oosiness for 8 may be due to crappy syllabus, crappy textbooks and crappy past papers leading to getting the better education from proper references such as Lang, S., Complex Analysis, Springer-Verlag, 1999 instead and then one may procure the following

8-tywebb.png

K2Trappy

HSC
for 16bi) all the solutions i have seen end up with w^2 + w +1 and therefore show that thing is the root, I subbed in e^(2i pi/3) and e^(2i pi/9) and then ended up with -1+1, would i still get 3/3?

anonymous1111

HSC
for 16bi) all the solutions i have seen end up with w^2 + w +1 and therefore show that thing is the root, I subbed in e^(2i pi/3) and e^(2i pi/9) and then ended up with -1+1, would i still get 3/3?
you might but always just imagine worst case scenario so it cant turn out worse than you expect

tywebb

dangerman
HSC
N/A
here is page 10 from Lang, S., Complex Analysis, Springer-Verlag, 1999
lang-page10.png
now you may consider yourself better educated and better prepared to handle q8 like i did in post #476

C2H6O

HSC
Bruh that's hard
Looks like some optimisation problem, where you get an equation for the area as , where ? is where the function -f(x-t)+f(t) last crosses the x axis, but its quite complicated. I made a model on desmos here, and I think we need the value of t where this point circled 1729679488679.png

just touches the x axis, roughly t=3.7
When you try expanding -f(x-t)+f(t) it gets way too complex, maybe i'm missing something or there's a workaround with function transformations?

Does anyone else have any thoughts? I may have overcomplicated this

Attachments

C2H6O

HSC
Just a thought, we want this area (red + blue):
1729680077678.png
Red area should be easy to integrate as a simple definite integral

Thinking about the function transformations, the blue area is just this area on the original function f(x):
1729680209493.png
By differentiating to find the turning points, we find that the leftmost turning point occurs at .
subbing this into f(x) to get the y value, say y=a, you can find the blue area as OH DANGIT YOU STILL GOTTA FIND THE UPPER BOUND UGH thought I was cooking but this is also complicated cause you gotta find the solutions to f(x)=a :newburn:

surely theres a really straightforward solution im completely missing

C2H6O

HSC
ok I found

now gotta find solutions to the equation f(x)=a =>

by product of roots we know
giving us

solving for t we know that , which we solved earlier as

so area =

roughly 598.728 units^2

Admittedly I used a LOT of symbolab to simplify these ridiculous fractions
Sorry this probably isn't a very good explanation

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)