• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

maths extension 1 (1 Viewer)

Danger

HSC
whats the best way to be prepared for all extension 1 exams?

undalay

HSC
Well do maths the day before. Work on all your weak areas. Make sure you can do every question, and do it quickly too.

Do a practice test on the morning of the exam to get a feel of the speed required of you.

Drink V :D.

Always remember to find y after x in simultaneuos equations.
Check answers in absolute equations.
Don't forget to draw the asymptote (sp?) for graphs, as well as x y intecepts and whatever.
Read the question.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
with all maths courses, you have to consistently practice each and every kind of problems.
and never leave maths to the night before

mudcake42

HSC
Never practice maths in the morning before the exam or for me its not the night before. stop studying at about 7:30pm (if ur prepared). Me studying late into the night or the morning before just gets me worked up and then confused and then confused about everything else lol

its not a good sight.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Practise Questions from Textbooks, Past Papers, anything you can get your hands on. Then apply exam conditions.

Evergreen

HSC
dont do anything outside of your school. just do what your TEACHER teaches. I was doing other problems outside of the classroom and this made me get like 65% for my first 3U test. But when I studied what my teacher taught me, i aced the half yearlies.

Also MX1 shouldnt be that much harder than 2u course. I start "studying" for maths probably 3 days before the exam. I think that is good enough for you to ace the test. Also, dont just concentrate on 1 topic, you need to grasp the basics for all the topics first because stuff like half yearlies usually have 3+ topics tested.

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Evergreen said:
dont do anything outside of your school. just do what your TEACHER teaches. I was doing other problems outside of the classroom and this made me get like 65% for my first 3U test. But when I studied what my teacher taught me, i aced the half yearlies.

Also MX1 shouldnt be that much harder than 2u course. I start "studying" for maths probably 3 days before the exam. I think that is good enough for you to ace the test. Also, dont just concentrate on 1 topic, you need to grasp the basics for all the topics first because stuff like half yearlies usually have 3+ topics tested.
I tried that. Turns out the teacher put in a roots question that HE DID NOT TEACH US. Also, around 40% of the stuff that was in our test he taught us, the rest was really hard 2-unit,etc.

Danger

HSC
yes i agree with you Evergreen

I gotta start revising my notes taken from class more than the ones from my tuition college

undalay

HSC
If you know formula in and out not only is it much much much much much easier to remember, it will also help for harder questions, as you actually understand the concept at a level that is much more effective than merely remembering x = a + y or something random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)