Maths extension independent paper hard? (2 Viewers)

maths lover

HSC
Did we do the same paper? I thought it was easy today...
did u have a 4 marker circle geo question. did u have the number of ways of point B to p question, and did you have the last question as a show polynomial question.

mike12345678

HSC
yea that proof permutation question was hard.. went something like prove n(n-1)(n-2)....= .....cant remember ..
and also one of the trig proofs was hard.
yea thats right because its the product of sums and differences which was meant to be removed out of the 3u syllabus so i dony noe y it was there.

maths lover

HSC
yea thats right because its the product of sums and differences which was meant to be removed out of the 3u syllabus so i dony noe y it was there.
oh was that products by sums and differences. thats why i couldnt get it.

MiPh

HSC
did u have a 4 marker circle geo question. did u have the number of ways of point B to p question, and did you have the last question as a show polynomial question.
I did that test. The circle geo question was easy. I found it pretty good and challenging in a good way. The only question I didn't completely do was an inequality one. Everything else though :)

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
That paper was quite easy. You didn't need sum and products to complete the question Mike mentioned.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
OMG I have the Independant's paper too!! But mine's on Friday -_- I'm gonna fail.. quick tell me the questions! XD JK!

Aiming mark: 50 percent... for now :p

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Human, know all your topics well.
That's what they all say... Can't you just know what's in the test? I mean I don't understand why you need to know other things that aren't going to be tested...

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
That's what they all say... Can't you just know what's in the test? I mean I don't understand why you need to know other things that aren't going to be tested...
Why, I will tell you why. Get ready for a long lecture young one.

First of all, I will show you the relationship between HSC Mathematics content and Preliminary Mathematics content. Now, this is what complacent people say, "30%". What does this mean? Oh great we only need to know 30% of the Preliminary course to do well in the HSC. No, you must be strong with all your topics. If you are not strong now, chances are you will be forced to revise next year and you do not want to be doing that. You must be very strong with your topics, if you are not at the moment, that's fine, you still have time to change.

But it's the ability in Mathematics to consistently find links within questions and those patterns that makes the art of Mathematics appreciable. So my last piece of advice to you human is to learn everything. The art of study is like shopping, you need to compare things, the cost of it and the effect on other predicaments. Now Mathematics should be appreciated by everyone. There is nothing better than seeing little ones learn this art. There is nothing better than being stuck on a question and hours upon hours trying to do it then finally getting it. Truly rewarding.

Alkanes

HSC
Just building on what Spiralflex said. If you know your work you will be fine.

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Just building on what Spiralflex said. If you know your work you will be fine.
Thank you human. That comment was the carrot to my snowman I built. I am getting very emotional these days.

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
Why, I will tell you why. Get ready for a long lecture young one.

First of all, I will show you the relationship between HSC Mathematics content and Preliminary Mathematics content. Now, this is what complacent people say, "30%". What does this mean? Oh great we only need to know 30% of the Preliminary course to do well in the HSC. No, you must be strong with all your topics. If you are not strong now, chances are you will be forced to revise next year and you do not want to be doing that. You must be very strong with your topics, if you are not at the moment, that's fine, you still have time to change.

But it's the ability in Mathematics to consistently find links within questions and those patterns that makes the art of Mathematics appreciable. So my last piece of advice to you human is to learn everything. The art of study is like shopping, you need to compare things, the cost of it and the effect on other predicaments. Now Mathematics should be appreciated by everyone. There is nothing better than seeing little ones learn this art. There is nothing better than being stuck on a question and hours upon hours trying to do it then finally getting it. Truly rewarding.
Oh god.. *hides in a corner* I get the rewarding part though :D I just hate it when I really have no clue of where to start...

The Doom's day tomorrow.. I hope I do O.K..

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
Oh god.. *hides in a corner* I get the rewarding part though :D I just hate it when I really have no clue of where to start...

The Doom's day tomorrow.. I hope I do O.K..
If it comforts you SpiralFlex is officially an Extension 2 student!

Uniqueness

HSC
N/A
If it comforts you SpiralFlex is officially an Extension 2 student!
It doesn't exactly do anything on my part, but *claps* Congrats!! I'm sure you'll discover many more facts of life in your pursuit of more Maths to your satisfaction xD

SpiralFlex

HSC
N/A
It doesn't exactly do anything on my part, but *claps* Congrats!! I'm sure you'll discover many more facts of life in your pursuit of more Maths to your satisfaction xD
I will be eating a lot of humans.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)