Maths in Engineering (1 Viewer)

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

jackster83

HSC
Quick question: how hard is the maths in enginnering at university?

Currently studying year 12 and doing
- General maths (3/100)
- Engineering (1/11).
- Adv English (18/90)
- Pe (10/86)
- IPT (1/21)
- 1 Unit Re (6/184)

Would i be able to tackle the mathematical side of engineering at uni?

Thanks.
The maths at uni is not impossible but it can take a long time to get used to - especially second year applied maths. Some of the vector analysis is pretty nasty but it is passable. My advice is to get the textbook (probably the only uni textbook you will ever need) as it will help you more than lectures. Uni maths can take a while to get your head around and you may even need to repeat it (not the end of the world) but the good thing is that it eventually seems to sink in.

hazza9

HSC
Yea sounds like difficult maths especially considering i haven't done 2u,3u,or 4u math lol.

If i did engineering (which i probably wont) i would do either civil or computer at maybe newcastle uni

dakiu

HSC
N/A
Can anyone Integrate e^(-1/x).e^x & e^(-1/lnx)? Thanks.:music:

shady145

Banned
HSC
Can anyone Integrate e^(-1/x).e^x & e^(-1/lnx)? Thanks.:music:
random question
what do u need this for.
i can do the first one and i have an answer for the second one but not sure if its correct.
first one

e^((x^2 -1)/x) +c
(x^4+x^2)

second one

e^(-1/lnx).x(lnx)^2 + c

Iruka

HSC
N/A
Check your answers by differentiating them.

HSC
I have a question too :)
How much chemistry is in Chemical Engineering? It looks like its all basically Maths/Physics..

Joel8945

HSC
I have a question too :)
How much chemistry is in Chemical Engineering? It looks like its all basically Maths/Physics..
Its hard to say because I was wanting to do chemical engineering as it allows you to do maths, physics and chemistry! With any form of engineering there will be maths and physics. With chemical engineering a lot of the physics will revolve around what conditions are needed to get a good yield or a safe way of delivering the product.

HSC
Its hard to say because I was wanting to do chemical engineering as it allows you to do maths, physics and chemistry! With any form of engineering there will be maths and physics. With chemical engineering a lot of the physics will revolve around what conditions are needed to get a good yield or a safe way of delivering the product.
Oh ok. I really really dislike physics, so i'm tossing up whether to do it or not =\.
Do you reckon there would be more physics in it than chem? (Or doesn't it matter much after you've got it?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)