Maths Intensiveness (1 Viewer)

inJust

HSC
How maths intensive is an economics course compared to a commerce course? I don't do maths at all in Highschool and I'm wondering how badly it would affect me for both?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
It really depends on the major you pick rather than the course itself.

loapowm

Banned
HSC
From what I know, it is fairly easy maths- assuming you do common majors and not complex ones.\

Generally you can pick up the maths fairly quickly

BiancaC

HSC
Economics is more maths intensive than most other majors (with the exception of possibly Finance). You definitely need at least some calculus background to do economics, even just to do the introductory courses.

If you were going to do Commerce, as what the person said above it depends on your major. However bearing this in mind, some of the core courses offered in Commerce degress will require some maths knowledge. An Economics major in Commerce is much the same as an Economics degree. Finance does have some maths in it so its a good background. Accounting only really draws upon stuff in General Maths and this is very easily picked up anyway. Most of the other majors don't really have that much reliance on any maths at all (Management, Marketing, International Business, HRM etc)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)