:'( Maths is shit (1 Viewer)

Princess Berri

HSC
Oi, i seriously hate this subject and i dont know WHY i am doing it but i just wanted to know 1. is it worth it? 2. Do you need maths to get into a design course and 3. does anyone have like summary notes on EVERYTHING OR ANYTHING
cheers :wink: later chappies xx

Raginsheep

HSC
As far as Im aware, if a course requires some mathematical background, general maths will not be adequate. If you really hate maths that much, unit requirements notwithstanding, just drop the subject. It doesn't really help you wasting time when you could be studying something that you will enjoy more.

P

pLuvia

It's basically year 9 - 10 work
But if you don't like it, then don't do it. You can always do a bridging course in uni

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Princess Berri said:
Oi, i seriously hate this subject and i dont know WHY i am doing it but i just wanted to know 1. is it worth it? 2. Do you need maths to get into a design course and 3. does anyone have like summary notes on EVERYTHING OR ANYTHING
cheers :wink: later chappies xx
amen to that

Raginsheep

HSC
But seriously, if you hate maths that much why would you do it? English, I can understand, its complusory, but maths?

Raginsheep

HSC
Whats the point of general maths anywayz? People who like maths to any degree will do at least 2unit, and people who hate maths should just not do it at all.

Rax

Custom Me up Scotty
HSC
Yeah I really don't see the point to general......which is why I dont do it

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
for your q1, no. most unis don't accept general maths as an adequate preparation for their courses where maths is needed (either as SP, assumed knowledge, or recommended). as for your q2, i guess that depends on the uni you'd be going and the specific design course you are referring to. just did a quick search online, and as for the graphic design course at wollongong uni, only english is assumed knowledge and DT and/or VA are recomended (so maths is NOT needed :D) but at sydney uni, for a bachelor of design in architecture, maths (2u) and adv english are put as assumed knowledge. what sort of design course exactly are you looking to do?

Riviet

HSC
N/A
General is for those who don't mind maths, but just aren't good at it.

Gummy_bear

HSC
Raginsheep said:
Simpson's rule isn't in general.
Yes it is actually. There was a question on it in the HSC paper this year, its a dotpoint and its on the formula sheet.
sorry to burst your bubble. so tp speak :)

Raginsheep

HSC
Gummy_bear said:
Yes it is actually. There was a question on it in the HSC paper this year, its a dotpoint and its on the formula sheet.
sorry to burst your bubble. so tp speak :)
Hmm....interesting, I was obviously wrong then. I was thinking about it in a calclus context.

Riviet said:
General is for those who don't mind maths, but just aren't good at it.
Two unit isn't that hard. If you like maths, you should be wanting to apply yourself to the subject.

HSC
the simpsons rule we get is pretty much a joke, the hardest questions require simple logic to figure them out

if you guy got any troubles with general maths, i suggest you ask your teacher to help you out, and start from the very beginning, you got plenty of time to learn it

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
the simpsons rule we get is pretty much a joke, the hardest questions require simple logic to figure them out

if you guy got any troubles with general maths, i suggest you ask your teacher to help you out, and start from the very beginning, you got plenty of time to learn it
that makes me feel a lot more better, as ive been REALLY slack in the subject.

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Casmira said:
*ROFL**ROFL**ROFL* guess what people?? when i first saw 'simpson's rule' i thought they were talking about the cartoon, and were saying that it rules! *ROFL* OMG i can't believe myself!! :p

HSC
airie said:
*ROFL**ROFL**ROFL* guess what people?? when i first saw 'simpson's rule' i thought they were talking about the cartoon, and were saying that it rules! *ROFL* OMG i can't believe myself!! :p
go away 3unit maths girl !

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)