:'( Maths is shit (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

airie said:
*ROFL**ROFL**ROFL* guess what people?? when i first saw 'simpson's rule' i thought they were talking about the cartoon, and were saying that it rules! *ROFL* OMG i can't believe myself!! :p
hehe I remember that

airie

airie <3 avatars :)
HSC
Casmira said:
i was only kidding
haha lol i'm relieved...i was thinking, 'gee i was here to help! >.<' :p *coughirarelygetitwhenpplarekiddingcosimthickcough*

Chief2666

El Zorro
HSC
I cant believe that im hearing complaining about maths, not to mention General Maths...

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Whats the point of general maths anywayz? People who like maths to any degree will do at least 2unit, and people who hate maths should just not do it at all.
some people dont have a choice. at my school when choosing subjects it was either do maths in some form or do visual design. hence why the vast majority of my grade does at least general despite many of them hating it (including me).

the general course is faaaaaar easier than the 2u course. all the maths classes had an assessment today and the difference in the topics studied was amazing. i felt like a bit of a knob sitting there with my "area and volume" revision sheet while people around me had piles of calculus and other intelligent looking stuff. i find it slightly too easy at times but i would much rather that, than struggle and die in 2u which was pretty much what i did all thru prelim. at least now im confident. also i like how the work in general seems more applicable to real life...unlike 2u where i honestly could not see a plausible point to most of it. i'd rather learn how to calculate tax than find the gradient of a curve.

the only topic i can think of in general that gives me difficulties is probablility. i dont know why. i seem to be the only person i know who has trouble. all i know is that it is gay and needs to die, along with those bloody coloured marbles in the bag!!! i dont CARE how often i can draw a blue marble!!! or a red one!! or a green one!!! just pick a damn marble and be happy with it and shut the hell up!!!!
/rant

but yeah. general = :)

champ_sammy_19

~~~* Munchkin*~~~
HSC
Raginsheep said:
Whats the point of general maths anywayz? People who like maths to any degree will do at least 2unit, and people who hate maths should just not do it at all.
Yeh I no what u mean and when I did prelim & HSC I did no maths, but now I find that alot of uni's like u to do maths and science in some teaching degrees, so hence the reason I'm doing maths & bio now. My advice is do it coz you never no when uni's are going to ask 4 it.
yuck!:burn: :bomb:

Mooseman

Forum Feral
HSC
ok, well simpson's rule is in general, and general is not for idiots. I dropped from 3 unit to general (HAHA!) because i did not require it. And yes general is sufficient for most design courses. When you read the pressumed knowledge CORRECTLY it actually says 2 units of maths, not 2 unit maths. And because general is 2 unit maths it shall suffice. Both my uncle and sister did general and are now doing design courses of a high caliber at sydney uni....

so stick at it. its actually quite simple... your yr 11 text book and your year 12 text book will do fine.

And for you blokes, i found it hard to have the guts to ask another guy for help with 3 unit so i dropped. Dont be a big girl, just ask for help :p

darkliight

I ponder, weak and weary
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
also i like how the work in general seems more applicable to real life...unlike 2u where i honestly could not see a plausible point to most of it. i'd rather learn how to calculate tax than find the gradient of a curve.
Ooph. :mad1: :worried:

taki999

HSC
I agree with Cosmic Doris cause you dont really need to use 3u/4u maths unless your doing accounting, engineering.etc type of subjects. Even thou subjects like economics requires maths the level of maths required is low and hence it doesnt matter what maths you do. Law requires some maths i think it was yet are you going to use 3/4 u maths in it!??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)