maths should i drop 4 units? (1 Viewer)

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
alrite so here is my problem

I reasonably good at Maths.
im doing 4 unit(the only 4 units student now, the other 3 dropped cos....)

my problem is that recently i have not been doing so well. why i dont know. probably got distracted
you know how our UAI is based on 50% of school assessment
this is what i got for 3 unit
AT1(worth 5%) 52%(came late to class, cant believe it)
AT2(15%) 76%(still not good. kicking myself)
At3(10%)55%(this is the one im really pissed of at.im supposed to get 100% at this.study one whole day for it(teacher had to pick a cartesian one i didnt know which was 15 out if 25. got 0 marks for for 6 marks(24%) because i simply wrote the answer it instead of deriving )

at4(20%)(Trials) haven't done it yet

so officially my 3 unit result is F&**#

my 4 unit score
first test was on complex numbers(don't know if it counts) =80%
half yearly for 4 unit(33%)

since im doing so S*&^ at both subjects, should i drop down to 3 units(since my 2 unit marks are still pretty good?) free up some time and focus on other subjects?

im really stressing out because maths is one subject that should give me a boost in scaling and its not.i dont know what i should do.should i hold out for the next 4 unit test which i have for next term.

i dont want to end up spending so much time on 4 unit and then drop it(wasted all the efforts)
because even if i got 100% for the next 3 unit test. it would only be around 38/50 and i was suppose to get better than this........

someone give me some advice please

HSC
With 4 unit, remember that you are the only one in the class, so essentially you could get 0% in all your assessment tasks, still come first, and end up with a HSC mark of 90+. If you are unable to do the 4 unit work, drop it definitely, but it sounds like you are capable of it and are just unorganised, in which case I would suggest keeping it and working at it harder.

kow_dude

HSC
Originally posted by Steven12

got 0 marks for for 6 marks(24%) because i simply wrote the answer it instead of deriving

That is really stupid. You should know by now that you have to show full working out. And since the question is worth 6 marks, you cannot get full marks by simply writing the answer.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
the problem was not getting full marks
it was getting no marks at all

do you know i stayed up till 1am in the morning doing all the projectile motions question the teacher gave me
those questions were ridiculously hard i manage finish them
8 hours of study

guess what, none of it was in the test, the test had only one question of projectile.in cartesian. i cant believe it.it was a 3 question test. last 2 was piss easy. first one is easy too, if you had derived the motion and left the rest blank. you will still have a decent mark.

the guy who sat next to me. did 30 minutes of study
got more marks than me because he "derived" it
and he doesnt even know how to do the simplest question in the text book whereas i spent.........

:(
i am im suppose to be the smartest maths guy in class, with all the people rubbing in......

kpq_sniper017

Originally posted by Steven12
the problem was not getting full marks
it was getting no marks at all

do you know i stayed up till 1am in the morning doing all the projectile motions question the teacher gave me
those questions were ridiculously hard i manage finish them
8 hours of study

guess what, none of it was in the test, the test had only one question of projectile.in cartesian. i cant believe it.it was a 3 question test. last 2 was piss easy. first one is easy too, if you had derived the motion and left the rest blank. you will still have a decent mark.

the guy who sat next to me. did 30 minutes of study
got more marks than me because he "derived" it
and he doesnt even know how to do the simplest question in the text book whereas i spent.........

i am im suppose to be the smartest maths guy in class, with all the people rubbing in......
not everything goes ur way mate.....to quote a cliche...."shit happens"

if u study hard enough....put in the hard work....u should be able to take on every question that comes ur way (or just about every question).
one day of study (even though its 8 hours), i'm afraid to say, isn't good enough. for the future, u should study for a week before the exam setting aside 90 mins per day = >8 hours + ur not tired for the exam.

*and taking ur frustration out on the other guy is not the way to go....neither is blaming ur teacher for setting the paper differently to what u expected. i hate to say this (and i'll probably regret it after u reply to this), but the only person to blame here is urself.

ulbnxt

I hate to sound like an asshole, but it seems as though youve only posted on this forum to feed your ego and make it "alright" for not doing as well as u expected. Seriously, what did you expect going into the exam with 8 hrs of study under your belt ? Maybe u need to stop feeliing sorry for your self and get off ur ass and hit the books. U seem smart enuf...but thats not enuf. Now youve gotta put in the hours. All the best!

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
ulbnxt said:
I hate to sound like an asshole, but it seems as though youve only posted on this forum to feed your ego and make it "alright" for not doing as well as u expected. Seriously, what did you expect going into the exam with 8 hrs of study under your belt ? Maybe u need to stop feeliing sorry for your self and get off ur ass and hit the books. U seem smart enuf...but thats not enuf. Now youve gotta put in the hours. All the best!
yeah, i agree, ho mater how bright you are, you still have to study

study will just be less of a pain cause you can understand things qucker, use this to your advantage rather than waste it.

Steven12

Lord Chubbington
HSC
i totally agree with you all.

All i am saying is that, had the first question been just more normal and picked out of those millions of exercise i did(which does not require the unnecessary steps,cos they just asume u know). my result will be alot different....

i just needed to tell somebody, let it out and share. sharing is caring, and Bored of study members are like one big family.....

I am so transparent, everyone just see through me......

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)