maths studying (1 Viewer)

felixcthecat

HSC
hmm how much do u ppl study for maths each day/week? like 3U and 4U combined...? i just wanna kno whether i'm doing enough practice!!
thanks!

P

pLuvia

A lot lol, combined a week I'd say 11hours - 14hours

But it really depends if I have a lot of homework, but usually just accelerate a bit, or revise over things

felixcthecat

HSC
wut do u mean accelerate a bit? so u do things in advance of the school?.. and do u do pretty well in school? heh ^^''

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Yeah, try and do as much these holidays you can, don't worry about how many hours a week. How much you get done is what you should be concentrating for. You could set realistic goals as to what work you want to get done, for example you might want to complete 3 excercises on curve sketching tomorrow.

felixcthecat

HSC
ok thanx.. i havn't done much maths this holidays.. and i kno i needa do more.. ><'' but i keep studying other subjects instead.... mhmm ><''

VQ

HSC
Umm...I don't know exactly how MUCH time I did for maths last yr.
I do remember I did maths A LOT. Well, I did other subjects only when cramming for assessments, or catching up things but other time was for maths (even in my study halls and else, though it was rare that I got my time for maths effective because X2 is mainly discussion and during discussion we can go over everywhere >.<)...

At least 1 1/2 hour fairly effective everyday, I guess (except when I needed to cram for other subjects or there were research papers and stuff)

It is not the question of how many hours but more to how many hours effective, I think?

Affinity

HSC
hmm
you have around 5 hours each day.. so that makes 35 a week. divide by 3 that will be around 10-11. a bit less if you have sports, work, or seeing friends

ofcourse.. only study when you feel you can absorb.

Undertoad

HSC
My 4U teacher reccommeneded about 2hrs a day, 6 days a week. I find studying for maths fun so I basically did it in all my free time/when I didn't wanna study for other subjects and ended up teaching myself most of the 3u and 4u courses.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
felixcthecat said:
ok thanx.. i havn't done much maths this holidays.. and i kno i needa do more.. ><'' but i keep studying other subjects instead.... mhmm ><''
dw. u r not that bad

i did Z.I.L.C.H maths :bomb:

felixcthecat

HSC
Undertoad said:
My 4U teacher reccommeneded about 2hrs a day, 6 days a week. I find studying for maths fun so I basically did it in all my free time/when I didn't wanna study for other subjects and ended up teaching myself most of the 3u and 4u courses.

so basically.. u wake up and u're like, ahh eyes could barely open, before i make myself breakfast, i'll do sum maths? ^0^...hmm maybe i should try that?

so wut did u get for 3U and 4U maths in hsc? =P

mitsui said:
dw. u r not that bad

i did Z.I.L.C.H maths
hehe.. ahhwell! always got 3 more school terms i guess~

Last edited:

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
Hey,
It depends on how good you are at mathematics. But basically, you should be doing at much practice as you can. I think what he means by "accelerating" is that some people do their HSC for mathematics in year 11 or some other year. Just do the chapters your up to at school and make sure you understand it and then maybe you can go ahead (which is a pretty good idea, most tutoring colleges do this). When you get close to your HSC, then do a lot of past papers and that should help you a lot. I did this and got high band 6 for 3u and 4u i admit i'm a bit of a mathematics nerd anyway :p

Undertoad

HSC
felixcthecat said:
so basically.. u wake up and u're like, ahh eyes could barely open, before i make myself breakfast, i'll do sum maths? ^0^...hmm maybe i should try that?
Lol... basically, i really like maths, and I had this really cool maths study group at lunch one day a week. We talked more than doing actual maths but it was helpful if you were stuck and the teachers weren't much help

Undertoad

HSC
mathematics... yea I considered doing it but i'd like a more practical career. can still do maths for fun although anyone would think i was a full on loser oh well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)