Maths vs. English (1 Viewer)

ohyay

but you can call me bob
HSC
Thanks, I'll almost definitely need it. Which reminds me, I haven't actually answered your question yet.
2U maths is better than advanced english. Face it, Area of Studies on Imaginative Journeys are completely contrived and crap. Whereas 2U maths is easy.
Ext1 maths is about the same as ext1 english... because I get to do postmodernism in ext1 english.
Then ext 2 is no comparison, they're both completely different. But I'm thinking Ext 2 maths for the challenge. Not that ext 2 english isn't a challenge, but it just isn't right now. We haven't had to do anything yet. So there you go, my answer to your question. The end

Ellie_Belly

HSC
ohyay said:
Thanks, I'll almost definitely need it. Which reminds me, I haven't actually answered your question yet.
2U maths is better than advanced english. Face it, Area of Studies on Imaginative Journeys are completely contrived and crap. Whereas 2U maths is easy.
Ext1 maths is about the same as ext1 english... because I get to do postmodernism in ext1 english.
Then ext 2 is no comparison, they're both completely different. But I'm thinking Ext 2 maths for the challenge. Not that ext 2 english isn't a challenge, but it just isn't right now. We haven't had to do anything yet. So there you go, my answer to your question. The end
Fair enough then. I have to agree, the journeys thing is not very well designed. It's pretty stupid, but I like it coz there's room to bullshit in an essay.

ohyay

but you can call me bob
HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
Fair enough then. I have to agree, the journeys thing is not very well designed. It's pretty stupid, but I like it coz there's room to bullshit in an essay.
Ahh bullshit, the easy way out. In our last adv. english assessment, I equal topped it having only studied in my 2 free periods beforehand. Knew my quotes, and then ripped out the crapulence in my area of study.
And I dropped all histories and any distant memories of them. I can't stand any extended writing by hand, I'd prefer to think. I'm a lazy one when it comes to doing stuff.
MSN + friends = effective procrastination

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Keep the discussion on topic please.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Mongke said:
never. physics describes the world but english lets you live it! nerds ;)
Pfft, English Schminglish. Since when does English provide a source of energy, make possible our beloved mobile phones or my favourite use: cure someone of cancer?

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Give us a way to communicate, allow us to pass our knowledge on, enable the faculties for teaching/learning for more than a selected few geniuses.

Dimsimmer

Random User
HSC
I prefer maths because i find it easier to study and easier to gain marks since it is easier to know if you got the question right, whereas in english, i would have no idea what mark i was going to get in that exam and its a bad mark most of the time.

Monstar

HSC
Ellie_Belly said:
What do you prefer and why?

Myself, I can't stand maths, I never have and I never will. I'm not doing maths for my HSC. But I am doing 4 units of english.

I love english because you actually have to think about things yourself and apply what you believe to them. There's also the creativity thing. I love EE2 because there's so much freedom, it's the best!

Maths is set in concrete, it's black or it's white, it's right or wrong. I was also terrible at it for the years that I was doing it at school. I hate it...

But what does everyone else think?
the "black and white" aspect of maths is what i love about it. When you're wrong, you're wrong. With english i'm always hesistant..if you give your OWN insights and opinions you usually receive quite low marks.. but i've learnt if you regurgitate what the teacher says you normally get 80+.

English is just too subjective..

Bookie

Banned
HSC
I would have wanted to do EE2, but alas I did not do EE1, and with no regrets, cos EE1 looks as boring as shit. Advanced is pretty abysmal but bearable.

Maths may be boring to some, not I, but it is bearable, and like Monstar said, you get it wrong, you get it wrong. You get what you deserve and it sets a standard.

English marking is full of shit. I get high marks in the ones I dont think I will and vice versa.

And while we're using this forum to bash out other subjects

Cosmology > Philosophy

Mongke

HSC
acullen said:
Pfft, English Schminglish. Since when does English provide a source of energy, make possible our beloved mobile phones or my favourite use: cure someone of cancer?
English allows us to love. tell someone you love them using physics :rofl:

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Ellie_Belly said:
lol! Drop maths! It's the best thing I did!
if i had enough units i would. i dropped SDD instead which i totally hated lol

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Kid.@dmin said:
You hated SDD :O, its getting a lot better in year 12 more programming...
haha i knew you were gonna reply man ! yeah i did and i still do. the highest in our grade for the prelims was 40/100 !!

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:O well last year I was ranked 2nd out of 27 and this year at the moment I am ranked 2nd out of 17 or so I think.......its a pretty good subject although people hate the theory side but I am usest to that from IPT and of course I was going to say that :p.

acullen

Povo postgrad
HSC
Kid.@dmin said:
:O well last year I was ranked 2nd out of 27 and this year at the moment I am ranked 2nd out of 17 or so I think.......its a pretty good subject although people hate the theory side but I am usest to that from IPT and of course I was going to say that :p.
IPT is just VB stuff isn't it? (I only ever did IT back in high school.)
I didn't like programming in general until I did C/C++ at uni.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)