Matrices for Simultaneous equations? (1 Viewer)

Js^-1

No tengo pantelonès
HSC
I learnt a bit about matrices a while ago, because i was bored, and i found out you can use them to solve simultaneous equations. I was super stoked because it actually worked. Now Im just wondering, is it quicker or slower than the normal method. Does anyone in year 12 (or above?) use matrices for simultaneous equations or do you use the normal method? Also, is it acceptable to use it in the Hsc, or will I lose marks for using a different method. Thanks in advance.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Js^-1 said:
I learnt a bit about matrices a while ago, because i was bored, and i found out you can use them to solve simultaneous equations. I was super stoked because it actually worked. Now Im just wondering, is it quicker or slower than the normal method. Does anyone in year 12 (or above?) use matrices for simultaneous equations or do you use the normal method? Also, is it acceptable to use it in the Hsc, or will I lose marks for using a different method. Thanks in advance.
Yeah Gaussian Elimination is pretty awesome isn't it eh?
A flawless mechanical process.

Even if I knew about matrices and other linear algebra topics when I did the HSC I wouldn't bother using it because it would just complicate things (with the marker and their accepted marking scheme or whatever).

Affinity

HSC
It's more work to use matrices for that..
the strength of the theory is not at solving particular equations

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)