Matrix omg. (1 Viewer)

Twintip

Walking out of that reminded me of walking out of LOTR 1 (I hadn't read the books). I took next-to-nothing out of it.

It was good, but did they really have to make every single line be something profound and thoughtful? It bordered on rediculous.

I am seeing it again tonight. I didn't like the first one the first time I saw it so I will see what I think after I see this one again.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
man, seriously...ppl should just watch movies for their intended purpose - entertainment

Nose Bleed

ex-loser
HSC
N/A
ohhh i thought u said you walked out as in youde had enough and walked out halfway through

trailer was a bit of a teaser, only good for the rain scene thing

IF YOU HAVN'T SEEN MATRIX RELOADED STOP READING

what did everyone think of the oracle? is she just working for the machines or what?

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
oath
i reckon smith is gonna be the big player in the last one but, not the matrix

dunno how

chip

HSC
i think smith will be a big part of it too..... the survivor was the guy that smith changed before he picked up the fone so he'll be a huge part of it.......

Juliet

HSC
A Harry Potter fan chip? Judging by your avatar.:D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
lol We are all being brainwashed in English wif all teh deconstructions and critical analyses that we cant sit back and just enjoy a movie anymore without thinking about character/plot developments techniques symbols etc :D

anyway i think the oracle is wif the machines and theres a matrix within a matrix, the "real" world, ... oracles purpose is to eliminate that anomalie so the perfect matrix system could be created by using teh prophesy to manipulate the one to upgrade the system (with each destruction and rebuilding of zion)

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
Well I just saw it, I understood it but i have a whole lot of questions...
I'll have to see it a few more times, so I can get a proper in-depth understanding, and then maybe look at the movie from different perspectives like I did the first one.... (eg religion, etc)...

dudditz

Retired Member
HSC
I'll believe that when I see it. Sorry, "Apparently" doesn't cut it, and I wouldn't go by what someone says on a forum when it comes to Matrix Revolutions.
Even if you did know what happens (which I highly doubt), WHY would you ruin it for others? That isn't very fair is it?

gnrlies

HSC
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
lol We are all being brainwashed in English wif all teh deconstructions and critical analyses that we cant sit back and just enjoy a movie anymore without thinking about character/plot developments techniques symbols etc :D

anyway i think the oracle is wif the machines and theres a matrix within a matrix, the "real" world, ... oracles purpose is to eliminate that anomalie so the perfect matrix system could be created by using teh prophesy to manipulate the one to upgrade the system (with each destruction and rebuilding of zion)
Dont reads this if you dont want to.... (might elaborate on an already mentioned spolier possibility)

Yep thats right...

There will be a matrix within a matrix... Thats why neo could stop the sentinels in the real world, and why agent sm,th could get into banes body in the real world.. There are also other indicators such as the architcts quote - 'why is the first question the most important when it is the most irrelevant'

Twintip

Yes and there are varying degrees of acceptance. 99% of people accept the first 'matrix', the rest are those that are freed I guess. Neo is the first not to accept the 'second' matrix.

Do you think the 5 'one's' before him also didn't accept the second Matrix? Revolutions is going to by packed full of answers, I can't wait.

ellipsis

HSC
I can see how the matrix within a matrix works, but I don't like it, mostly because its really depressing and there's no point. Which probably means they could do that to shock everyone...

But seriously, what point does any of the first movie or anything have, if they are all in another matrix ? the whole 'fight the system, done with power' message is kinda lost too, if its futile. And if he gets out of this matrix, what will there be ? Another kind of matrix, or will he be all alone in the real real world ?

Anyway, I did like the movie. I don't think it has a much of a 'whoa' factor as the first one, because that introduced the whole idea of the matrix, and this just continued it, but it continued it well, and was pretty cool while doing it.

I think one part that they will expand more on in the third are the vampires/ghosts/werewolves etc. They killed off the werewolves, but the ghost virii guys could return (they wouldn't be killed in the explosion would they ?) and the Meryvingyan vampire guy seems to be important considering he knows so much.

ellipsis

HSC
Double post but I'm moving on...

Oh, and the reason I reckon the Neo can stop the sentinels, that doesn't include matrix in a matrix, it that he is now (or always was, not too sure) part program/machine. Remember when Smith said he and Neo have a connection ? Its possible, because the Oracle is a program (or part program I can't remember) too. The five or so Neos before him could just be different versions of the 'The One' program too...

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
There will not be a matrix inside a matrix, that i just stupid.

I really dont believe that when the wakouski (sp?) brothers were writing the movie they were thinking,

"i know lets bring them out of the matrix, have these huge battles and shit and then to end it we'll just say they were in another matrix! yeah great idea!"

Its as bad as "...and then i woke up and realised it was all a dream."

anyway each to their own, and we'll find out come november

Twintip

I am proposing that Neo doesn't accept this new, 'second' level and that he may be the only one (apart from the agents who may know about it).

gnrlies

HSC
Originally posted by Macccca
There will not be a matrix inside a matrix, that i just stupid.

I really dont believe that when the wakouski (sp?) brothers were writing the movie they were thinking,

"i know lets bring them out of the matrix, have these huge battles and shit and then to end it we'll just say they were in another matrix! yeah great idea!"

Its as bad as "...and then i woke up and realised it was all a dream."

anyway each to their own, and we'll find out come november
i will have to respectfully disagree with you there. I think that the brothers (i cant spell either so wont even attempt to) would go more in this direction than any other..

The first movie was a huge success for probably two reasons. Firstly becuase it was pretty mind boggling and thought provoking. and secondly becuase it had great SFX.

The brothers are really smart and intelligent guys. They i believe would not want to go in the direction of an action and adventure series. It would be too lacking of what made the first movie so popular. I think the sfx are great, but there comes a point when you see too much and you say "oh, not another amazing fight sequence!".

I am not howevor fully convinced of a second matrix for some other reasons (such as the fact that where can it stop? Will there be an indefinate number of matrices and that it would require a lot of screen time to explain a second matrix and there is already at least a few other plots than they will need to take care of in the next movie such as agent smith and zion's destruction) but i think that one of the major reasons for a second matrix theory would be the direction of the brothers.

I think there is a 50% chance atm...

But either way i reckon that there will be a big twist. I would be kind of dissapointed if it sort of trails off into another star wars type movie...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)