Matrix Revolutions.... (1 Viewer)

felix_js

lost
HSC
N/A
who cheered when trinity died?

i thought they shouldve put reloaded and revoloutions together and took out all the boring pointless sub plots... it was good in bits and boring in too many bits

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
That was sad, but predictable.

And it was hepas better than Reloaded, although, I loved reloaded as well. Can't wait for it to come out on DVD, finish my growing collection of The Matrix.

I'm got already:

The Matrix
The Matrix Reloaded
The Anamatrix
Enter the Matrix.

Gotta get The Matrix Revisted. And, of cause, Revolutions.

I'm glad they had 3, it was definatly worth the wait.

Sasky

HSC
Allo ppl! I haven't posted in this forum before, but I saw Revolutions when it came out at 1am too, along with the first two which started at 7 - heee heee... My mum chucked a skitz cause its a school day but I was sleeping ova at a friends place so she couldn't really do anything!
Did you guys think it was better than the second one? My friends hate the second one and don't seem to understand most of the movies. I luv all of them and I can't get enough of Keanu... *sigh*
Although in the end I kinda wanted them to show Neo again after the Oracle, to show what happened when he went back to Zion.
What'd the rest of u guys think?

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Ok, I saw the second one, and then went to the cinema to see the third one. And Felix - I cheered when Trinity died. Actually, first I said "kebabs" too loud, and the people behind us started laughing too...

The second one was pretty bogged down with little characters. And the freeway chase wasn't as exciting or big as most people made it out to be. I also think they should have cut it off at a different point. Maybe if they'd finished it on more of a cliffhanger? Like... he stops the sentinels, collapses, and then we finish. Or even before he stops the sentinels. Oh... although it is meant to feel like an instalment isn't it.

Eh. It's a movie.

My only complaint about Revolutions is that (although not a religious person myself - or not much) I found the ending to be kind of kitsch and presumptuous.

Ugh, and how ugly was that sunrise?

But I'm missing all the good parts. The fighting, the fighting, oh yeah, the fighting. And the Merovigin (spelling?).

muldersgun

HSC
i really really wanted to like it, it had real promise at the start....but......i thought it was shit.

All the philosophical and mythological aspects of the first 2 were completely scrapped and i felt like i was watching a standard shoot-em-up sci fi film. Sure the effects were great and the Wachowskis are extremly deft and precise with the cinematography but lost is the aura, mystery and the emotional intensity.

I can't believe i'm saying this but i was actually bored watching it. Less is more guys and somebody gave the Wachowskis a little too much money and they went completely overboard. We were lost in a slew of peripheral characters. Both Neo and Trinity, who I believe are the fulcrum of the trilogy are left on the wayside. With little time to conclude their story, i felt detached.

No specific scenes were memorable, the Zion fight was way too long and Trinity's death was treated with such irrelevance. There was no lingering lament, just a heartwrenched sob from Neo and we were back to unneccessary loudness of projectiles in Zion. I felt nothing, no tinge of sadness and this is the death of a major character. WTF? I had the same reaction to the ending. Beautiful shots but no emotional impact. The humanity that was present in both the original and in some parts of reloaded just dissapeared under the dust of CGI and industrial noise.

The only good parts were possibly in the first 3rd of the film. With the rescue of Neo and Seraph in the mix (Colin Chou marry me!).

This isn't a rant out of high expectations in fact i'd read nothing, no reviews/spoilers for revolutions before seeing it. I'm so saddened by such a disappointing end to what could have been a magnificent trilogy.

just my 2 cents btw

Suney_J

Not a member
HSC
i liked it but not too much, cuz reloaded was better. i think they should've had more matrix in revolutions cuz there wasn't enough
and as long as the architect didn't talk much im happy.
the best scene was Neo v Smith that was really good, they should've made that longer, i think it resembled that japanese cartoon dragon ball z,cuz they were flyin and fightin.
was ne 1 else suprised to see st james station, and the AMP tower in the movie , i was shocked...

Farnarcle

My view on some things. Hopefully it may help some to really appreciate the movie.

I believe that there is more to the story. The Indian dude at the start of Revolutions made reference to humans and the programs being quite the same. Intellect is the same, whether is it our biological brains or a series of ones and zeros. This is shown in a human emotion of love, he loves his wife and his daughter, yet he is not human. This aslo explains why the Smith program can be put into a real brain in the from of Bane (who's name is probably also symbolic).

Neo and Smith balence each other out, Smith mulitplying as Neo grows stronger. In the first movie this is not the case, however, as smith is just an obstacle. But when Smith gains some of Neo's ability when he is killed at the end of The Matrix, they become opposites. His only purpose is to kill Neo. Neo realises that this is the only way to be rid of him. If Smith's purpose is taken away, then he is deleted, much like the little Inidan girl, who has no purpose and was going to be deleted.

About the ending, I really liked it. The Rambo-ending would have been good, where the Humans beat the machines and free all the trapped humans, but this just takes them back to the beggining, as seen in Animatrix. They will just make the same mistake again, having to rely on machines. But with Neo's truce with the machines, to kill Neo in return for the war being stopped, its shows a new idea. People will have to live beside the machines. They will have to help each other out. Neo had no want to kill all the machines, just to stop the war. The machines and the humans realized that the way things were going was not thte answer to a good life. The programs will no longer enslave the humans and the humans will realise that the machines are just like them, just in different form. Remember too that the Oracle is indeed a program although she is a sentient life form too. She said to Neo during Reloaded, that she knew the only way forward for the two species was together...

That was mostly my words, but I've added some things from other people.

It is a new stage of human evolution.

chris42

HSC
I think it wasn't too bad, it did have an interesting ending, as to whether it lived up to expectations or not its really up to you, I think I lived up to them pretty well :) . I quite liked the fighting scene with the machines and neo we agent smith the best.

Last edited:

Neon-Frog

Farnarcle, thats about spot on with what i interpretted as well. It seems to me the people that didnt understand the ending, thought that the movie was crap, and didnt explain anything.

Except it seems the so-called "truce" doesnt last very long. "The Matrix Online" game takes place right after the events of "Revolutions" and it seems the humans and the machines are at it again. www.thematrixonline.com

Farnarcle

Oh, Matrix online....

/me faints

I love you.

Anyway, I was wondering why they left it so open like that. New game1

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
wasnt as good as reloaded or the original, but still alright nonetheless. Some parts were quite funny...even if it was meant to be tragic...or something...

"You can't die!"
"YEs. I. Can."

HAHAHAHA

Also anyone else thought that when colonel sanders asked how long the peace will last.... the answer is how commercially viable the franchise will be?

Last edited:

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
Yeah... it's easy to imagine that the truce wouldn't last that long. :rolleyes: Has anyone played the game? Is it worth getting?

Farnarcle

Lol. Your thinking of Enter The Matrix. Thats game is very poorly created. It's a real mess. Very nice idea. But very badly put together. But you have to play it to get the story. Just read a summary or something.

muldersgun

HSC
i guess i'd prolly appreciate revolutions more on DVD.

Does anyone here feel that cinemas are turning the sound on way too loud? I was wincing during all the action scenes

Daemontreu

What.
HSC
N/A
No, it wasn't too bad when I went to see it... And since we're using the action scenes for comparison - not at all. In places, I feel that the volume could have been louder - I was straining a little in places to hear dialogue (shouldn't have bothered listening to the script though :rolleyes: ).

kalli

HSC
i LOVED all three matrixs but it was still difficult to understand the last one....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)