Matrix (1 Viewer)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
oh man i hate the matrix

what i hate more is retarded matrix fans telling me it's cause i 'don't get it'. i get it fine. i just personally think it's a huge intellectual wank that doesn't appeal to me.

imo keanu reeves was at his finest in bill and ted's excellent adventure. he does make an awesome stoner.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Evansy said:
Dude the movies were all great, how can you say they were shit.... Open your eyes and watch them and look at the hiden meanings man, the films are great
oh wank wank and wank! seriously i know exactly what they were saying in the matrix and its affiliates. its not like its difficult to wrap your head around the whole 'how do you REALLY know what reality is' concept. get over yourself. hidden meanings my arse, any retard can understand the matrix.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
_Bushra_ said:
I had to watch the movie avbout 8 times and i still dont understand it fully
OK, seriously, what don't you understand about it? I'm interested to know what more there is to it that I might be missing. Cos to me it's straight forward, but maybe there's more to it there isn't, but I'm humouring you cos I want to know what you don't get

hasterz

HSC
ill just like to say a few things

The matrix IS original
It does borrow some ideas from philosophcial essays such as Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulations and also a bit from japanese anime, but that's just intertextualality. I bet none of you guys can name me a film released in the past decade which doesnt borrow ideas from other texts.

So Overall Were the sequels crap? hell yes

But the original was actually a very good movie with storyline, philosophy, special effects.... and don't forget the reason people think its crap is not becasue they dont get it, its because the sequels were hyped, and remember since it has a close biblical reference, as in (Neo is Christ and he needs to die for us to save us etc etc)... the storyline was quite predictable.

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
hasterz said:
ill just like to say a few things

The matrix IS original
It does borrow some ideas from philosophcial essays such as Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulations and also a bit from japanese anime, but that's just intertextualality. I bet none of you guys can name me a film released in the past decade which doesnt borrow ideas from other texts.

So Overall Were the sequels crap? hell yes

But the original was actually a very good movie with storyline, philosophy, special effects.... and don't forget the reason people think its crap is not becasue they dont get it, its because the sequels were hyped, and remember since it has a close biblical reference, as in (Neo is Christ and he needs to die for us to save us etc etc)... the storyline was quite predictable.
i actually thought the original was shit,

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
The matrix IS original
It does borrow some ideas from philosophcial essays such as Jean Baudrillard's Simulacra and Simulations and also a bit from japanese anime, but that's just intertextualality.
Bullshit. It didn't borrow "some ideas" - there isn't a single original idea in the film. Dark City, Ghost in the Shell, Plato's Caves etc. anything you see in The Matrix has been stolen from somewhere else. That's actually one thing the sequels have over the original - they at least tried to come up with their own style, although the failed miserably. Intertextuality has no meaning outside an HSC classroom.

Monkey Butler

Pray For Mojo
HSC
Komaticom said:
...except Bullet Time.
It was in a car commercial almost a year before it was in The Matrix. And regardless, if the only original thing in a movie is the visual effects, the movie's pretty shit.

HellVeN

Banned
HSC
I liked the first one the first couple of times I watched it. Mainly because it seemed new, I liked the concepts and the fighting sequences were gold. But then I realised that it was an idiotic movie. All that philosophical psychobabble ruined it. I'm not a religious person so when the movie brought in that "oracle" and "the one" bs it just killed the storie's credibility and made me hate it.

I'm not even gona talk about the second and third ones rofl. And that sex scene hahhahahahhhhaha........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)