Matthew Reilly books (1 Viewer)

Gibbatron

HSC
N/A
Matthew Reilly is awesome. Gotta say ice station was probably my favourite, but Temple and Area 7 were pretty intense. Cant wait for the Contest and Hover Car Racer movies.

dp624

HSC
he writes like an action movie
not a book per se, lol

youngminii

Banned
HSC
STEPHANIE MEYER >> MATTHEW REILLY!!!!11oneoneeleventyone11

No but seriously, Temple is my favourite, probably 'cause that was the first Reilly book I've read. Ice Station is awesome too though..
Seven Ancient Wonders was a nice change of pace, but I wish he'd go back to his old style (I was devastated when I was reading the interview thingo at the end of Seven Ancient Wonders, where he said he liked his new style and he'd be sticking to it)
I didn't even bother reading Six Sacred Stones. That is the stupidest title I have ever heard of.

electrolysis

congenital schmuck
HSC
ICE STATION was soooooooooo good, first book that I read of his

he's definitely my fave action writer :)

Woteva636

HSC
Go matthew reily, he is the best author Ive ever read (i must remember to thank my firends for puting me onto him a couple of years back)

i reackon hovercar racer, ice station and temple were his best ones, contest probably would have been up there except i dont really go for sci-fi, still i couldnt put it down (i was very hungary thatnight coz i missed tea!)

I personally loved seven ancient wonders and six sacred stones, and am very impatiently awaiting five greatest worriors, to those who dont like them, fine, but dont try to disuade people from reading them

in summary, i love all his books, and highly recommend them.

x-Manda-x

HSC
I've only read Seven Ancient Wonders, by Matthew Reilly. I thought it was a very good, read, I have yet to read his other books. They are on my to yet read list. . . . .it is a big and still growing list lol. I put books on it faster than I can read them . . .

Ammonsa

HSC
N/A
Matthew reilly books, in order of how much I like them.

Temple, Area 7, Ice station, Scarecrow, Hover car racer,Contest, hell island, Seven ancient wonders, Six whatever it is.

justanotherposter

Epic Member
HSC
Awesome author - I've read Scarecrow, Area 7, Ice Station and Seven Ancient Wonders. They're all very fast paced books, I'd definitely recommend them.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Dude do it, i have most of his novels signed from him.

BTW information about movies.

Contest- Movie Rights given back to Rielly, he made a pilot/ teaser, the Karanadon looked epic.

Ice Station- Movie Rights given back to Rielly. Rielly said he is stalling the selling of the writes because he is getting annoyed with companies falling flat.

HoverRacer- Movie Rights SOLD to Disney. No information so far, but should prove to be great if made.

Scarecrow (Shoefeld some retards here called him) has made his debut in a rather illegal remake of Ice Station from a little known German gaming company. Rielly found out, and lets just say, the Karanadon is not sedated.

Nashie

Ace up my sleeve
HSC
new one
"five ancient .. warriors" (I think)
comes out in october!

its been a long wait and i am sure it will be good!

Lukybear

HSC
His a great author. I adored his Schofield series, but also loved Temple.

SnowFox

Premium Member
HSC
Loved the loose references in Temple to some of Scarecrows adventures (SuperNova, etc.)

birdy17

HSC
i think matthew reilly is a brilliant author.
personally the scarecrow ones where my favourite.... did any one read the really short one... umm hell island??
what did you think??

and the most recent ones, tho not as good as the older ones, were still pretty good... or so i thought :)

Teclis

The White Tower of Hoeth, Saphery, Ulthuan
HSC
i think matthew reilly is a brilliant author.
personally the scarecrow ones where my favourite.... did any one read the really short one... umm hell island??
what did you think??

and the most recent ones, tho not as good as the older ones, were still pretty good... or so i thought :)
I think Brilliant is pushing it... he's entertaining, good at keeping your attention. But he's not going to be winning any literary awards. His writing is packed full of story, without much need or room for grace or elegance.

Call a popcorn flick a popcorn flick.

birdy17

HSC
I think Brilliant is pushing it... he's entertaining, good at keeping your attention. But he's not going to be winning any literary awards. His writing is packed full of story, without much need or room for grace or elegance.

Call a popcorn flick a popcorn flick.

right... sorry.

i spose that's how i meant it though. honestly, and probably clearly, i care more for the ability to keep a book interresting and captivating throughout than for writing technique. ie i care more about the story.

so yeah pehaps not typically brilliant. but in my opinion if no ones elses it was.
:)

chansthename

HSC
massive fan, My favourite is contest then second is ice station. fast-paced and action packed, beats many movies hands-down.

morning storm

HSC
imo

hovercrafts > temple + SHOEFIELD lol > contest +jack west books.

i have a real issue with the jack west books and really think they're a tier below. maybe the indiana jones thing is more of a cinematic experience? the group constantly going through new trap systems gets pretty repetitive pretty quickly and just isnt that exciting.

for a series of book that he ambitiously sets on the grandest scale you can, i feel they are overly lighthearted and lack the grit and substance that something like temple had (i use the term 'substance' lightly, i know im still talking about a MR book here). i find having 2 kids so central even to all the action scenes makes it feel more like a slap stick comedy/farce than the more genuine danger present in the likes of scarecrow.

needs more sex/drugs ?

Johanist

HSC
srsly the earlier ones were soo frking good.. but i love all his books and ye scarecrow was ownage and hell island, my fav was hovercar racer though.

jmakowiak

HSC
birdy17 said:
did any one read the really short one... umm hell island??
what did you think
I did. It's another Schofield one with a ravenous horde of monkeys. It's like one of his regular novels compacted down to about a hundred pages - awesome :uhhuh:

As for his more popular works, Temple ranks up there, with the Schofield series next, followed by the Jack West Jr Series.

THE FIVE GREATEST WARRIORS HITS BOOKSHELVES IN THREE DAYS... :cake:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)