Mature Age at ACU (1 Viewer)

brendowillo

HSC
N/A
I'm 27 and left high school early, no further tertiary study but a wealth of life experience gained through travel and work. I want to do a Bachelor of Education (Primary) or Bachelor of Education (Early Childhood & Primary) at ACU Strathfield next year and just did the STAT test on the weekend.

Are there any mature age students at ACU that got in with only a STAT mark that are able to comment on the chances of admission, or anyone that knows someone that was in a similar situation?

mishka

HSC
N/A
I'm not a mature age student but I have a few friends who are. I will ask them how they did it.
I think one of them did the STAT test then applied through the uni, filled out an application (outlining why you wanted to do the course, what previous experiences you had, etc.) and went to an interview.
Make sure you visit on open day so you can speak to people who can properly advise you on the application procedures.

groovygal

HSC
N/A
i jus got my stat test result..n i did terrible..well got the minimum mark for mc..but terrible in the english part..jus ran out of time...n was hell tired from work previous day..i think my chances of gettin into uni course i want is slim...anyone got into uni with a crap stat score..?

mishka

HSC
N/A
i asked one of my friends. She didn't even do the STAT test - she contacted the uni directly, wrote a letter to them explaining why she wanted to be in the course and had to do an interview. She then got an Early Round offer for a HECS spot in the course!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)