• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Maturity (1 Viewer)

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
In a relationship what are your partners like? Are they playful or mature? Say if they were both, such as playful when mucking around, in what situation should they be serious. What level of maturity is acceptable?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
its really up2 u to decide. im sure some1 who is ur partner would be aware when to be mature and then be playful etc..

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
thejosiekiller said:
its really up2 u to decide. im sure some1 who is ur partner would be aware when to be mature and then be playful etc..
yeah i agree... most people are aware of what situations they need to be mature in and so forth.

capsicum

HSC
how about say a guy dates a girl who's 2 or 3 years below his age. is the mevel of maturity between the two people okay?

HSC
capsicum said:
how about say a guy dates a girl who's 2 or 3 years below his age. is the mevel of maturity between the two people okay?
Maturity and age often don't really have that much to do with each other :)

In response to the main topic though, I agree with the others. There are times to be serious, and times where it's not required. It's up to your partner and you to determine (If it's not already obvious, and chances are it will be) which is appropriate for whatever the situation.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Maturity is of the mind and the way each person deals with everything...

I mean in a relationship...if people are meant to be, they'll know when to treat things seriously and when to muck about...otherwise...i'm sure they'll split sooner or later....

pinkblinkbarbie

seduce me
HSC
my boyfriend knows the right time and place to be mature and immature. and i think thats how good relationships work, knowing the right time and place. everyone has a different level of maturity. if i were to date someone who was the same age, but was really really mature, like didnt want to party or drive around etc, he wouldnt be the guy for me because i still love to have fun and stuff, and so does my boyfriend which is a really strong connection for us. where as, another girl, might only want her boyfriend to be totally serious 24/7, and not act immature. so yeah its just everyone is attracted to different maturity levels, so what i think is acceptable, someone else could find it unacceptable.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i think immaturity is fun, but they have to be able to turn it off when they can see it's not appropriate or when they can see you're pissed off. if you're both being immature and mucking around it's ok.

Armani

Corporate Member
HSC
N/A
I find girls who are playful and cute attractive at the beginning of a relationship but soon after their immaturity is a turn off and I soon break up with them.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
Armani said:
I find girls who are playful and cute attractive at the beginning of a relationship but soon after their immaturity is a turn off and I soon break up with them.

yeah, but sooner or later i would think they wouldnt be as immature. theyd calm down once they had settled into the relationship

or theyre the type of girl who has to have fun all the time and never calm down or think etc....anyways its not a turn off, just not a good thing in a serious relationship

mack

Banned
HSC
iambored said:
i think immaturity is fun, but they have to be able to turn it off when they can see it's not appropriate or when they can see you're pissed off. if you're both being immature and mucking around it's ok.
That was like us following bubz yesterday :p

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
I don't think there can be a level that can be defined? It's important to be mature and serious about things, but not all the time, there is a time and a situation for everything. If you're going to be constantly mature and serious, what a boring person you're going to be, you need to be able to be playful and have fun...but know when to quit mucking around. I guess the level you can take depends on how serious/playful you are yourself.
But it's important to know when to draw the line between mucking around and being serious. Some situations require responsibility, and require a mature approach, but life requires fun, however, constant immaturity is just a pain in the arse :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)