Max classroom size limit (1 Viewer)

coolman

HSC
N/A
Long story short, im dropping accelerated and need to pick bio. Bio has 24 students, can i still join. I was checking some legal document , it says no class NEED exceed 24, so im not sure how to interpret this, since we have a chem class of 26 ( we have two teachers when we do pracs)

coolman

HSC
N/A
asking my deputy tommorow, bio teacher said the problem is joining so late, ill miss most relim bio, but I have studied half of the dot points (with summaries) on one subject in one day, mostly just remembering, idk

cub3root

fight another day
HSC
The department of education sets these guidelines bases on what is safe or now but usually this is bent all the time by a couple of students. Maybe your school has a bigger classroom so they are able to fit more students in. But comming back to the issue, term 3 has just begun and it would be quite difficult to learn an entire years worth of work in a couple of weeks. Maybe keep accelerated but don't sit the hsc exam?

Fiction

HSC
I had the max classroom size limit issue at the start of year 11 because somehow through people processing subjects, they misinterpreted modern history to be ancient. To switch to my original lines (there was only one option with all my subs in diff. lines) I had to switch into 3 full classes and change 5 classes. My deputy back then, didn't exactly tell me the way around this until like legit a week before he left, in which case, I didn't bother with changing 5 classes, instead only changing 2 (one was an already full class)

Basically apparently, there's a legal limit of somewhere in the 20s. it's either 23, 24 or 25 (or somewhere along those lines) Any students who wish to enter a class after the legal limit, must get permission from the teacher first. If the teacher agrees - then the student is able to enrol into the class, if not, then bad luck.

That's what I was told anyways :) Hoped it helped :D

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Science is different to most other subjects due to the safety requirements - which is why the OP mentions two teachers in chemistry for pracs.

For normal classroom based subjects - such as the histories - there is more leeway than there is in the practical subjects such as the Sciences and D&T for instance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)