Maximum number of units (1 Viewer)

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
We all know what's the MINIMUM number of units (10 units) but what's the MAXIMUM number of units that you can do for the HSC?

P

pLuvia

As many as you want :p But then you might break down, and many people acclerated in subjects so they may have up to 17 units etc

Agywaggy

HSC
You can do as many as you want... but i've heared of someone who did like 22 units didn't even think that was possible. :confused: If i did anymore than i hve now i think i would have a breakdown.

lourai*87

~"*_*"~
HSC
But there are only a certain amount of subjects you can take right? And then if those subjects have extentions like maths and english. But you cant say take 10 2-unit subjects...at least i doubt it..

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
lourai*87 said:
But there are only a certain amount of subjects you can take right? And then if those subjects have extentions like maths and english. But you cant say take 10 2-unit subjects...at least i doubt it..
Well you theorectially could do as many subjects and units as you want, via acceleration.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
simplistic said:
how come the bos SAM can only accomodate 10 subjects then ??
10 units including 2 compulsory units of English are used in the calculation of your UAI. Hence why SAM uses 10 units as that is the number that will be used in UAI calculation.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
As much has you can handle.

Our principal has made a decision not to my favouring by preventing us from dropping any course (except Extension courses) for the remainder of the year.

Otherwise I would be dropping Physics and Chemistry for 4 Unit Nursing at TAFE, providing me direct entry to university in 2 years time.

Chiisora

HSC
N/A
Uni Grad
I can't imagine doing more than 15units... Well if it's accelerated, then I guess it's a different story...

HSC
N/A
Our school limits it to 13 in Year 12. I'm hoping that that doesn't count distinction courses.

I'll have 14 to 17, probably 15. You don't need to do that many, and if you try to chances are you'll screw up anyway. Only do a lot if you think you can do well.

dracnom

HSC
Agywaggy said:
You can do as many as you want... but i've heared of someone who did like 22 units didn't even think that was possible. :confused: If i did anymore than i hve now i think i would have a breakdown.
Yeh someone in James Ruse, a female to be more specific, did 22 units, very crazy. About how she managed it was completing like 6 units in year 10 or 11 i think, then do morning class, whole day with no frees, and afternoon class. Heard that she says that since year 8 she hasn't watched any tv. Must be such a boring life, but if she views doing work as fun, then thats her way of enjoying life, for me, I would die. :/''

Agywaggy

HSC
dracnom said:
Yeh someone in James Ruse, a female to be more specific, did 22 units, very crazy. About how she managed it was completing like 6 units in year 10 or 11 i think, then do morning class, whole day with no frees, and afternoon class. Heard that she says that since year 8 she hasn't watched any tv. Must be such a boring life, but if she views doing work as fun, then thats her way of enjoying life, for me, I would die. :/''
Thats crazy! I can't imagine doing anything like that especially when only 10 units gets counted towards ur UAI.

~shinigami~

~Summer Song~
HSC
That girl better have gotten a UAI of like 500 cause otherwise, what a waste.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the most units anyone has ever done in a single HSC year together was 18 units. I think it was someone from a top private school.....

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Trebla said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard the most units anyone has ever done in a single HSC year together was 18 units. I think it was someone from a top private school.....
I think a student from The Kings' School did 16 or 18 units. Got 99.95. Now studies mbbs/bsc at usyd. Didn't Laurie and another old sydnenian do a similar amount of subjects?

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
One guy at my school is doing 18 units for this years HSC.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)