Mazda Mx5 opinions (1 Viewer)

HSC
that doesnt make what seremify said any more relevant for fuck sake

all he said was that the price difference is quite large

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
A Swift Sport and a WRX STi are both under $100k, but does this mean they are directly comparable as they are both marketed as 'sports cars', are hatches and under $100k?

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
i never said its irrelevant?

the guy gave a price margin and asked for suggestions?

im not comparing cars on specs? just looks? which sorta is reflective of price, and is subjective

Rivenscyr

HSC
ok thanks your all your replies

I think ill just stick to the mx5

Theres a new 3 convertible facelift coming in the next few months and it would be foolish to purcahse an older model

Ill just have to do some more research on the mx5,
Ive been in an mx5 NC RC and it wasnt bad, just something ill have to get used to

Thanks once again for the replies.

if anyone would like to say something constructive about the mx5 please do tell

:)

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
like I said would just check how comfortable you are driving it at 6'1" but ye
they are great cars, beautiful handling and contary to what the other dude said I find the seats to be really good and the ride perfectly acceptable for a sports car

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
like I said would just check how comfortable you are driving it at 6'1" but ye
they are great cars, beautiful handling and contary to what the other dude said I find the seats to be really good and the ride perfectly acceptable for a sports car
Seat comfort is something which you'll have to try for yourself. Different bodies and shapes/sizes make things different. My car is considered perfect for me but others find the seats too big or too tight.

Rivenscyr

HSC
haha once again, thanks for all the replies

parents ended up buying a 330d convertible which ill be driving majority of the time as..it has no boot and not convenient for their line of work.

So im all happy :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I guess you must really hate the rain though. It's awesome having a 4 door car with AWD. Easy to fit people in, you can drive as normal, etc...

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
I just realised my post was massively cut off and making me sound like a tosser lol.

But yeh, the MX5, and most 2 seater convertibles are beauts but yeh, I just can't imagine myself giving up my practicality of a 4 door sedan. Even when buying my 2nd car, I couldn't bring myself to confine myself to only 1 passenger and limited bootspace.

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
You'll adapt. The only time I'd rather I were in a car as opposed to a bike are the times I need to give people lifts.

Seriously, once I'm on my full license I'll be commuting on a 200hp bike with the most uncomfortable riding position that gets like 150km from a 17L tank, rain, hail or shine. Screw practicality.

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
You'll adapt. The only time I'd rather I were in a car as opposed to a bike are the times I need to give people lifts.

Seriously, once I'm on my full license I'll be commuting on a 200hp bike with the most uncomfortable riding position that gets like 150km from a 17L tank, rain, hail or shine. Screw practicality.
My best mate said to me "What if you meet a hot chick at a party, and she doesn't want to ditch her friend unless you take the friend home first? Then you'll wish you had bought the Lancer"

Optimus Prime

Electric Beats
Wherevr sentient beings are being mistreated
HSC
Because that never happens and I have a GF already :p

The only thing I don't like about the rain is that with the roof up the rear visibility is pretty bad. Yeah hands can get a bit cold but if you have the heater directed at your hands your don't need it full blast or anything. Or you can be a badass and get leather driving gloves.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)