MBA and Prior Learning (1 Viewer)

adamtherobot

HSC
Hi All,

First post, so i'll get straight into it.
I'm studying commerce at macquarie, and am planning on completing an MBA when done.

I had a look at some of the modules / classes required for an MBA (through MGSM), what i want to know is, if i've already completed specific classes as part of my commerce undergrad degree, can i claim these as prior learning in the MBA and complete the MBA quicker?

I don't see the sense in re-sitting the same classes, rather i'd like to just fill the gaps that were not covered as part of the commerce degree and save myself a bit of money in the process.

Thanks.

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
Sorry but an MBA from Macquarie is not a good signal, in terms of future earnings, it's likely to have a negative marginal benefit.
People like you should stick to doing manual, unskilled labor.

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
Thanks for the reply.
Please elaborate on what you meant by "people like you".
people who do shitty undergraduate degrees at shitty unis and aspire to even shittier postgraduate degree's

shuttle_bus5

HSC
I was under the impression that an MBA only helped carreer prospects if you have relevant experience to back it up?

-Lemon-

HSC
N/A
You are entitled to your opinion, even if it is a shit one.
Huh, I'm not trying to be mean. People like you (i.e. Macquarie night class students) just aren't academically inclined, there's nothing wrong with that, I mean meat factory workers are an integral part of society.

adamtherobot

HSC
Yeah, mostly. Having an MBA prior to ever working isn't really worth much more than an basic business undergrad degree.

I'm working full-time and doing Uni part-time though, so by the time i've completed by degrees i'll have 6+ years in Marketing.

slab

HSC
Huh, I'm not trying to be mean. People like you (i.e. Macquarie night class students) just aren't academically inclined, there's nothing wrong with that, I mean meat factory workers are an integral part of society.
Piss off citrus fruit!

A uni is a uni. Your marks and your personality are what employees care about.

Vagabond

Machine
HSC
people who do shitty undergraduate degrees at shitty unis and aspire to even shittier postgraduate degree's
Maquarie rates pretty well. They have a decent representation in big4, IB, actuarial firms.. anything commercey.

As for OP..

Why are you doing an MBA? Try to get work experience, any work experience.

HSC
most uni mbas require many years experience for a good reason, just focus on getting a high average n your undergrad to secure a good grad position

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)