Mc Donalds Performing Arts Comp. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey.
Anyone going in the McDonalds Performing arts comp this August/September?

what are you playing?
How do u view your chances?

arent my Threads great?

Kulazzi

HSC
maybe there are a lot of students - they probably just haven't discovered BOS yet :)

demosthenes

Executive Sardine
HSC
no offence oscar but i think that people can be DEFINATELY serious about performing without entering McDonalds. I mean some of us live a fair distance from Sydney, and also, some of us would rather dedicate our time to other areas than perfoming for 200 bucks.

That being said, such events are great for performers too. Not only do they increase confidence, they provide a chance for people to play in front of audiences and big name adjudicators too which could be a buzz.

I dunno. But not ALL of us are in the sydney area and not ALL of us see the MPAC as a viable way to spend out time when we could be pursuing alternative musical endeavours.

*Rant*

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
For vocal the McDonald's Performing Arts challenge is a complete waste of time. I've done it 4 times in the past and they don't even bother looking for proper technique, especially for the musical theatre sections. The people who do well are the people who PERFORM well, and have an entertaining perfomance. I haven't yet seen a deserving winner of ANY of the sections. The people who win forget words, sing flat, sharp, and otherwise out of tune but still win. Oh, hey, sorry, they had great costumes and fantastic acting skills!!
Who cares if you can act well? There's drama sections for that.
Sure, you need to be judged on you expression and interpretation of character, but in a VOCAL eisteddfod, you should be marked primarily on VOCAL TECHNIQUE!
It really is a load of bullshit.
Plus when you live 2 1/2 hours from Sydney it's pretty difficult to get there.

trumpet geek

HSC
N/A
Im going in the MCDonalds Challenge this year!!! I enterd it last year and i got real annoyed cos this other chick played the same piece as me and she came 3rd and i came nothing... o well! Hm.... i thought about playing Rhapsody in Blue for this years comp but the chick who won last year played that so i think i wont play that any more.... i realy want to play Saint Saens' Introduction and Rondo Capriccioso but its waaaaay too hard... im prolly gona end up playing some 20thC french trumpet piece. OH well baahhh crap its only like a month and a half away ohhhh shiiiit i need to pick a piece already ahhhhh craaaaaap what am i going to playyyyyy ahhhhhhrghhh

HSC
demosthenes said:
no offence oscar but i think that people can be DEFINATELY serious about performing without entering McDonalds. I mean some of us live a fair distance from Sydney, and also, some of us would rather dedicate our time to other areas than perfoming for 200 bucks.

That being said, such events are great for performers too. Not only do they increase confidence, they provide a chance for people to play in front of audiences and big name adjudicators too which could be a buzz.

I dunno. But not ALL of us are in the sydney area and not ALL of us see the MPAC as a viable way to spend out time when we could be pursuing alternative musical endeavours.

*Rant*
none taken. don't take my random abusiveness too seriously. Its not about the 200 bucks either (sounds lame, 'it used to be about the music, maaaan'), its about meeting and performing for people who's aspirations are the same as yours. There was nothing but friendlyness and encouragment in the practice rooms when Ive done it, and preperation you put into preparing for it is (im sure) great for improving your Skills.

HSC
demosthenes said:

*Rant*
none taken. don't take my random abusiveness too seriously. Its not about the 200 bucks either (sounds lame, 'it used to be about the music, maaaan'), its about meeting and performing for people who's aspirations are the same as yours. There was nothing but friendlyness and encouragment in the practice rooms when Ive done it, and preperation you put into it is (im sure) great for improving your Skills.

HSC
Emma-Jayde said:
For vocal the McDonald's Performing Arts challenge is a complete waste of time. I've done it 4 times in the past and they don't even bother looking for proper technique, especially for the musical theatre sections. The people who do well are the people who PERFORM well, and have an entertaining perfomance. I haven't yet seen a deserving winner of ANY of the sections. The people who win forget words, sing flat, sharp, and otherwise out of tune but still win. Oh, hey, sorry, they had great costumes and fantastic acting skills!!
Who cares if you can act well? There's drama sections for that.
Sure, you need to be judged on you expression and interpretation of character, but in a VOCAL eisteddfod, you should be marked primarily on VOCAL TECHNIQUE!
It really is a load of bullshit.
Plus when you live 2 1/2 hours from Sydney it's pretty difficult to get there.
well, singinng must be especially hard coz all that pop music 'soft girls sing sad songs' bullshit is so popular. The phrase 'it used to be about the music' is appropriate, maybe.

soulshine

HSC
my school big band is going in it. woot.

wait maybe not... i'm probably getting mixed up.

magicspell

HSC
oskarthestudent said:
Hey.
Anyone going in the McDonalds Performing arts comp this August/September?

what are you playing?
How do u view your chances?

arent my Threads great?
im not going in it this year cos of hsc n stuff. sure it's always a good experience, but personally, the sections are always so big that it takes up so much time.. waiting and all. i'll prob go in it next year.. cos im taking a little break from going in comps for the moment!
r u going in it??? what do u play?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)