Votes: 24 45.3%
  • D

Votes: 20 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Riviet

HSC
N/A
I thought it was C - took out the outlier (analysis 3) and averaged out the other four answers.

edit: sig figs! :(

Last edited:

bboyelement

HSC
me too ... you just had to round it up to the same as the others. ie 3 significant figures
so its D apparently

Last edited:
P

pLuvia

I at first chose C but then the other values were at 3 sig.fig so I chose D instead

markus123456789

HSC
Come on , If it was a scientist testing the AAS it would have to be C, because they would use more accurate values right? Meh .. its a gay trick question otherwise :p GRR.. but this dischordant result was definatly taken out...

sja

dingleberry
HSC
The reason why the answer CANNOT be C) unfortunately is because;

In scientific data an average, or a value derived from a data cannot be more accurate than the data itself.

The answer is D). Don't worry if you got it wrong the state average for multiple choice is very low anyway there are a lot of tricks.

H

housemouse

SHITTTTTTTTTTTT
I put c) down cause i read about the outlier thing somewhere last night.

dunno04

HSC
It C

Remove the second value from the average.
Because the difference is too much
Therefore itz C

Kyroth***

HSC
hehehe... I put B, definately wrong.
*note to self* - read all the data next time, don't just blindly plug it into the calculator...

dleroy

HSC
I vote B cos i reasoned with myself that the question asked for the average (and i remember somewhere in Year 10 science... that you're not suppose to take out any result in the calculation even if it's 1000 times different from the rest of the result) and the more decimal places the more accurate ??? i hope B is correct.

Last edited:

s2indie

HSC
I put B. I didn't look at the data either just stabbed it into the calc.

XcarvengerX

Chocobo
HSC
It's D. Significant figure is not to be underestimated. And if you forgot to round off your calculation to the least accurate data for short answer section, the marker will take one mark for that too. Believe me.

Reason? Like sja has stated above:
sja said:
In scientific data an average, or a value derived from a data cannot be more accurate than the data itself.

danio33

HSC
It has to be B. You can't remove the third value no matter how wrong it is, because its fixing your results to get the answer you want to get. Its simply incorrect scientific method. Besides you can assume AAS to be pretty damn accurate and so the third result isnt likely to be a mistake, unlike in titrations where you remove the first value due to human error. Therefore the average has got to be B

dleroy

HSC
WHY is there MORE THAN 40 people voting C AND D ????

IT'S DEFINATELY NOT C OR D... YOU DON'T OMIT THE VALUE...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)