mc questions (1 Viewer)

survivor

here is a bunch of mc questions i dont have the answers but if everyone jst posts what they think we can discuss it all...

1.) an emerging community health issues in aus is
a. dental caries amoung children
b. drink driving among females
c. heart disease among the elderly
d. lung cancer among adults

2.)which of the following is an example of a tertiary prevention measure
a. a drink driving media campaign
b. regular breast self examination
c. an influenza program
d. a cardiac rehab program

3.) aerobic glycolysis is the process of producing AtP by breaking down muscle glycogen in the
a. absence of oxygen, producing lactic acid
b. absence of oxygen producing triglycerides
c. presence of oxygen producing lactic acid and co2
d. presence of oxygen producing pyruvic acid

4.) which of the following groups contains only causes of sickness and death together with declining mortality rates over the past 2 decades
a. breast cancer, stroke, motor vehicle accidents, lung cancer in men
b. colorectal cancer, motor vehicle accidents, stroke, lung cance rin men
c. breast cancer, coronary heart disease, prostate cancer suicide
d. colorectal cancer, motor vehicale accidents, stroke diabetes

5.)in addition to increasing age of population which of the following has contributed signifcantly to aus's health care costs?
a. the increased health care expenditure from the private sector
b. more expensive and more extensive mdeical treatments
c. the incxreased mdeicare levy for individuals earning over $50000 per annum
d. an increase in the number of individuals who have private health insurance

6.) being bowled out in a game of cricket is an eg of
a. subjective appraisal
b. objective appraisal
c. criterion referenced test
d. percentile based testing

7.) which of the following is true about the PBS
a. it is subsidized by the state gov
b. it covers over the counter medications
c. it assists the people who are concessional beneficiaries such as war veterans
d. it assists all newborn babies and their mothers

survivor

heres some more too...

8.) whcih of the following is an eg of individual empowerment
a. on the spot drink driving fines
b. a shelter for victims of domestic violence
c. being educated about prevention of STDs
d. being able to afford private health insurenace

9.) a soccer player feels an elevated level of stress when taking a pernalty goalkick. he is experiencing
a. trait anxiety
b. state anxiety
c. optimal arousal
d. under arousal

10.) a telephone help line promoted in the mdeia for people who feel they might ne experiencing a mental illness for the first time and fear the stigma assoicated with it is an eg of
a. primary prevention
b. secondary prevention
c. tertiary prevention
d. a cross sectoral approach

(Ps. ccan someone plz explain all this tertiary secondary and primary prevention stuff i have never heard of it before??)

11.) which of the following skills can be categorised as a gross discrete and closed motor skill
a. juggling
b. swimming
c. tennis
d. archery

12.) in gymnsatics and figure skating competitions, the top and bottom scores are removed before the final score is totaled. The reason for this is to
a. create a handicap system of scoring
b make the result more objective
c. make the result more subjective
d. prevent cheating.

ditzychick

in relation to the whole tertiary/secondary/primary prevention stuff...
Primary prevention - measures that attempt to prevent disease from occuring in everyone, regardless of risk factors i think. Like, as example of a primary prevention would be Slip Slop Slap, becuz it is trying to prevent skin cancer from developing in everyone.
Secodnary prevention - measures that focus on particular groups at risk of developing particular conditions. An example of a scondary prevention initiative would be the free breast screenings for people over 55, or something like that which is focussed on groups at high risk.
Tertiary prevention - measures aimed at preventing the recurrence of a condition, or at preventing a condition with hereditary risk. Things like rehabilitation and counselling and improved lifestyle tips from GP's are examples of tertiary i think.

Hope that helps a little bit, i am not completely confident with the whole prevention categories myself becuz we didnt do much in class but that was the general idea i got from what we did. Great idea with the MC q's by the way - i will post my answers in another post... ima bit unsure bout some of them so ima gonna have a good read over them first!

ditzychick

Damn it i just wrote out all my answers to dese q's and i accidently deleted em! :s!!!! Oh well - here goes again... i think a lot of them are wrong so some comments would be much appreciated.
1 - d
2 - d
3 - a
4 - d (but i really dont have a clue)
5 - b
6 - b
7 - c
8 - c
9 - b
10 - a
11 - d
12 - b

Well theres my answers... but i a certain a few of them are seriously wrong so if veryone else could put wot they reckon that'd be great!

survivor

well mine were pretty much the same excpet for
3. i dont know i thought it had to be c or d as it is the aerobic system??
4. maybe b not sure
and 7 not sure either

anyone else have their opinion

ditzychick

oh wow, i didn't even read question 3 properly! i just assumed it said anaerobic glycolysis cuz ive neva heard of aerobic glycolysis. I didnt know there was such a thing aren't there only three systems... ATP/PC, Lactic Acid (anaerobic glycolysis) and aerobic? I'm a bit confused now.

chris42

HSC
aerobic glycolysis is the process that happens in the aerobic system, so it is essentially the same as the aerobic energy system.

ditzychick

oooh thanks heaps!!! I will make sure i read the questions properly in the real thing... that was a bit of a wake up at least!!!

chris42

HSC
Yup, basically how anaerobic gylcogsis occurs in that instead of doing the whole process of the aerobic gylcogsis, the process get's stopped short, and as a result you get lactic acid as a waste product.

If you ever want to see a diagram how it works I got a good one, our teacher loved doing everything in detail :)

countrydude

hmmmmm
HSC
N/A
You guys are lucky, our teacher didnt teash us everything, she left out nutrition and physilogical aduptations to tranin plus the class did the option "the health of young people" i didnt wona do that crap so i had to do sports med by myself she didnt help me at all, fuk she makes me wild. good luck in exams

hec

hi guys these are my answers without checking the textbook

1- d
2-d
3-d
4-b
5-d
6-no idea maybe b
7-a
8-c
9-b
10-a
11-a or b
12-b

im probably wrong with most of them but im fairly certain the aerobic glycolosis question was d- pyruvic acid rings a bell;)

if anyone is certain that i am wrong on any of these could you please correct me- it would be of great help
:)
im terribly afrain of the mc section this year.......fingers crossed!

ditzychick

pyruvic acid is in anaaerobic glycolysis, its the stuff dat lactic acid is formed from or sumthin like that.... im not sure if its involved in aerobic glycolysis... but for some reason i dont think it is coz wouldn't there be no waste products if its in the aerobic system??? And pyruvic acid and lactic acid are waste products of lactic system? I duno... anyone?

chris42

HSC
I think 4. is B.. does anyone else think that.. Only reason is I think lung cancer for men is decreasing..

1- c
2-D
3-D
4-B
5-B
6-B
7-D
8-C
9-B
10-a
11-B
12-b

Just out of interest ditzychick where did you get these questions from ?

Last edited:

ditzychick

i didnt post the questions, survivor did. I havent seen them before, but i thought some of em were a lot harder than any of the practice exam mc questions i have done.

kazerati

um, for most of them, i was waaay confused, but:

thanks very very very much to ditzychik for the primary/secondary/tertiary prevention info - i hadnt come across that either!!

and:
q3 is definitely d - (i only know this coz i did the biochemistry of human movement option in chemistry, but u can work it out)
- bcoz: aerobic involves O2, so it cant be a or b, and, well, its a little tricky to explain, but here goes..
under aerobic conditions, the glucose is broken down to form pyruvate, which is then (by other cycles that we dont need to know about in the pd course) broken down (oxidised) to CO2 and H2O

but remember your energy systems!!! lactic acid is the by product of ANaerobic glycolysis - you get lactic acid when there is not enough oxygen around to fully break down the pyruvate (from the original glucose) into the CO2 and H2O. so, if your talking about AERobic anything, then there is PLENTY of oxygen. hence, c is wrong.

i hope this has been helpful!!

Last edited:

kazerati

as for the other answers...

1) b??? coz c is declining, a isnt really a prob, d..? declining??
2) d - thanx to ditzychik's info
3) d - as above..
4) b??? i dont kno about strokes or prostate cancer tho..
5) d
6) b
7) c
8) c
9) b
10) b
11) d
12) b

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)