McCafe (1 Viewer)

Noob1314

HSC
I am planning to apply at Maccas but i was wondering if its possible for me to ask if i can specifically work in the counter/mccafe section because I dont want to work in the burger section?
And also what is the payrate for 15 year olds? :S

Please help me, your reply will not be wasted :)

P.S. and also would i get paid more if i apply for the ones at the city? Because they're usually busy and everything.

Last edited:

spence

HSC
You can ask, they may need to put you out the back though, but if you request it, they should be able to put you on counter. And you probably won't be able to do cafe until you've been there for a while, but its definitely an option.

As for pay, assuming you'll be casual, its 7.18 for the first 3 months, then 7.97

Last edited:

Noob1314

HSC
You can ask, they may need to put you out the back though, but if you request it, they should be able to put you on counter. And you probably won't be able to do cafe until you've been there for a while, but its definitely an option.

As for pay, assuming you'll be casual, its 7.18 for the first 3 months, then 7.97
oh, what happens if its part time?

mrajdadas

HSC
This is sorta off topic and your young but if you don't wanna work in food section and rather work in cafe section, maybe work at a cafe near you? you might get payed more too ;) XD

Noob1314

HSC
This is sorta off topic and your young but if you don't wanna work in food section and rather work in cafe section, maybe work at a cafe near you? you might get payed more too ;) XD
Haha yeh I want to, but I think if I work at Maccas and have previous employment then it might be easier for me to apply for other places when I quit.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
I am planning to apply at Maccas but i was wondering if its possible for me to ask if i can specifically work in the counter/mccafe section because I dont want to work in the burger section?
And also what is the payrate for 15 year olds? :S

Please help me, your reply will not be wasted :)

P.S. and also would i get paid more if i apply for the ones at the city? Because they're usually busy and everything.
They tend to not put the younger workers in McCafe. Most people in my store who work in the McCafe section have proven themselves to be reliable and hard working in the front counter/drive thru or back areas. So you could try, but you'd be very lucky to just be allowed to work only in McCafe :)

seremify007

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah but they train you to do that. It's not hard to learn
Yes they can train but I doubt they'd train a newbie in such a transferable and valuable skill... presuming the training is good. I've had very mixed results with coffee from Maccas (although it has improved considerably in recent years).

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Yes they can train but I doubt they'd train a newbie in such a transferable and valuable skill... presuming the training is good. I've had very mixed results with coffee from Maccas (although it has improved considerably in recent years).
They did at my store recently because she's young, blonde and pretty.

Never had a job before.

Infuriated quite a few more experienced staff members (ie. aged over 15 who've actually worked for McDs for a while and not been offered the training.) Myself included.

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
lol, the benefits of being blonde, who would've guessed.

BiancaMaree

HSC
going in to cafe at maccas is a promotion;
at maccas in griffith; where i worked for 2 years i was given the oppitunity to promote to cafe at about 6 months but i declinced the promotion as it was really early starts or really late finishs.
but if you work in cafe you get a pay rise :)

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
No, you don't get a pay rise unless you're the McCafe Co-ordinator, which is an allowance of 75 cents an hour.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)