Mcdonalds (2 Viewers)

JimBob

HSC
N/A
He didn't hire them because they worked at Maccas. He hired them because they had Maccas training. Apparently it is top-notch. I don't know what it is, but it's good supposedly.

And he used to run a newsagent.

Lundy

Banned
HSC
McDonalds provides widely recognised valuable training. Nuff' said.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yeah I got knocked back for a job over someone with Macca's training (because apparently having worked in a newsagent, bakery and the movies isn't versatile enough to know how to use a cash register and handle food :rolleyes: ). But also the person I got knocked back for is entitled to like $3/hr less than I am. cheap bastards.

KfWang

Originally posted by toisthbe
Highly recognised for wat?
for going to work at other maccas stores? to work at restaurants?

at the least when you work at a cafe you learn how to make coffee or something. (well i dont know cause i worked at gloria jeans, of which, you can ALSO apply on the internet, if you looked hard enough)
And at telemarketing you develop some skills in dealing with clients or *turning* clients, or somthing along those lines.

and dont tell me working at mcdonalds helps you deal with clients, all you say is 'hi what would you like?'
you can leanr to make coffee at the mccafe :)

Originally posted by glycerine
Yeah I got knocked back for a job over someone with Macca's training (because apparently having worked in a newsagent, bakery and the movies isn't versatile enough to know how to use a cash register and handle food :rolleyes: ). But also the person I got knocked back for is entitled to like $3/hr less than I am. cheap bastards.
i think its only certain places that are really cheap about stuff like that, theres all these uni people working at my maccas...

KfWang

WWWOOOHHHOOOO
i just got my first burns, and it is a real BEAUT, actually it stings a whole fucking lot,,..
i was shaking the nuggets ad trying to get the chicken the same time, adn the thing fliped and hit me.. now i got two 5 cm burns along my wrist... i guess i have now been inducted into the Macas team... :)

capsicum

HSC
new zealand natural

does anybody work or know what's it like working at new zealand natural icecream? i want to know the conditions, pay, etc. also, is it hard to get in?

Last edited:

capsicum

HSC
oh btw, maccas didnt suit me. i quit a few months back. it all depends on what you like and dislike. i wasnt happy with my pay rate (part-time rate instead of casual), some managers and workers pissed me off, and i was getting less and less shifts. if you like cleaning and hot grills and oil, or dealing with customers who eat half their burgers then complain it's cold, then go for it! :D
you make heaps of new friends though! that's the good thing. so if you're lonely, then maccas is the way to go! ;)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
nothin really wrong with maccas, like a few others said - the social asspect is great. And working in an express store, you really do shit all ;)

layzie bone

Yeah worked in Maccas for 3 weeks...

Manager was a real asshole, I'm suprised that he hasn't been smacked in the face before. He hsa no sense of humour.. gets pissed at the slightest thing... wants you to work way beyond the hours you listed down on your application form

Workers were faggots, some were real cool... like about 4 of them. I thought one of the assisstant managers were cool and all, but he turned out to be a fag too. They give me cold stares for no fucking reason... Plus most of them don't go to school and are overseas, and work at McDonalds all day everyday from 5am in the morning and finish up like at 3 or 4pm in the arvo..

Pay was good 10 bux and hour, but its not worth for the tasks you do. If the pay was 15 to 20 bux for that then I would have stayed.

I'm glad I left the job, I should have punched the manager when I told him I was leaving, he gave me some smart ass comment. I'm happy with where I'm working now... friendly staff... tho the pay is lower (8 bux and hour for now, get pay rise if I show improvement), the work is quite easy and its worth it.

mack

Banned
HSC
Ahh, maccas.....Heard someone i didnt like worked in the drive thru window...So me and some mates drove up, ordered a sundae, and when they gave it to us, threw it straight back in through the window and drove off...lol, good times... Also, we drove over the sensor near the speakerbox repeatedly, it makes the most annoying feedback for drive thru window workers with their headsets...

KfWang

yuh after working for a month at maccas i have quit too,...

not because anything was wrong with it, most managaers were decent, sometended to ignore but hey.. what the hell at least their not trying to give me the shits, ...
the guys i was with were quit cool though, most of them at any rate.. and one of my best mates worked there

i left because i found 2 other jobs, one paying $20 and hour and another $10, and with the half the hours i used to work at maccas, i can make up to 2 times the cash i used to
and me being in yr 12 didnt cope very well with the closing shft two nights a week

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
never go to Kmart - unless of course you're a suicidal manic looking for a reason to kill your employers.

Hey, how do you officially hand in your resignation????
I was planning to do it to Kmart soon.....like they'd notice, but still.
Tips and hints would be nice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)