meathod of joints/meathod of sections?? (1 Viewer)

A

afishfortea

i understand roughly meathod of sections and meathod of joints, but how do you do it (especially meathod of sections) for complicated trusses, like a bowstring truss, of a lattice truss

any help greatly appriecated

A

afishfortea

its for an assignment, we had to pick a truss design, i choose a bowstring truss , and then build it, now we have to anaylsis it
thanks

noobonastick

HSC
3unitz said:
you dont need to know for hsc course.
are you serious...? our teacher has spent a couple of lessons trying to teach (and failed) us this to apparently help us when we actually do the HSC course (we're in prelim now)

Seamus733

HSC
noobonastick said:
are you serious...? our teacher has spent a couple of lessons trying to teach (and failed) us this to apparently help us when we actually do the HSC course (we're in prelim now)
You do need to be able to solve problems of truss analysis using method of joints and method of sections, but only for simple trusses.

wingman

Let's Rock N' Roll
HSC
I taught method of joints/sections to many students and it can take more than 2 hours to teach just ONE method (thats if you need to relearn math basics). It's the hardest thing of the course.

Trick is to practice with as many questions you can get your hands on. You only have 5 minutes to do a question in HSC exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)