Mechanical or Civil Engineering @UNSW (1 Viewer)

macochris1

Yip__Seyy
HSC
Hi guys. Just wonder, as the title suggests, which type of engineering is better @ unsw. I am interested in working, one day, in Honda (or any other) as a project manager, but then again.. we do need road, buildings and bridges lol.

I am very undecided, but i want to do something that has a lot of maths and physics and one (a major) which will offer work 'outside the office environment.'

cheers.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
I juggled between Civil and Mechanical.

I found Mechanical was more interesting, it is mathematics, physics and what Mechanical covers more in depth than other scientific disciples is the thermal-fluid sciences, overlooked in high school where practical applications include but not limited to turbines, internal combustion engines, lubrication, so that Mechanical Engineering degree would suit your needs more.
Not to mention a bit of electric circuit analysis because we know machines today such as your usual motor vehicle are now running on electricity or have electric circuits compared to USYD's outdated program.

Doesn't matter about roads and bridges, Civil builds targets while Mechanical builds weapons.
orite?

HSC
i juggled between civil and mechanical.

I found mechanical was more interesting, it is mathematics, physics and what mechanical covers more in depth than other scientific disciples is the thermal-fluid sciences, overlooked in high school where practical applications include but not limited to turbines, internal combustion engines, lubrication, so that mechanical engineering degree would suit your needs more.
Not to mention a bit of electric circuit analysis because we know machines today such as your usual motor vehicle are now running on electricity or have electric circuits compared to usyd's outdated program.

Doesn't matter about roads and bridges, civil builds targets while mechanical builds weapons.
Orite?
+1

shuttle_bus5

HSC
Could someone please explain to me what exactly mechanical engineers do?
Ive looked on various university websites but their information is always unclear and very vague.
So simply, what does a mechanical engineer do?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)