Med in Uni (1 Viewer)

kennyx88

HSC
Hi guys,
I was just wondering about medicine in different university's. I was thinking more around USYD, UNSW and UWS. USYD I've heard is pretty much impossible for under grads so UNSW is my first preference. But even UNSW is pretty hard albeit still doable. I was just wondering about UWS med. I heard they have great new facilities and med is med no matter where you do it etc. But I was thinking more about the learning environment and all? I also got a scholarship to UWS recently so that kind of helps. I have other back up courses if I don't get into UNSW med but I was thinking if anyone could tell me a bit more about UWS med? Thanks :)

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
There is no undergraduate medicine at USYD - it is only postgraduate. The only way it can be "undergraduate" is the combined degree (99.95) where you do a 3 year "pre-med" degree then do you medical degree after.

Ricktatorship

HSC
I don't know much about UWS med, but you should know that with med unlike other careers like business/finance, the employers have very little preference of where their employees graduated from as the MBBS is pretty much universal across universities. Obviously try and get into UNSW for the sake of it etc, but the other med schools in Australia are fine. SO, if you want to do med, but don't get into UNSW, don't dispel it as a possible career, the other schools are fine and you WILL get a job.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)