Med Revue 2004 - The Cat with the Fat (1 Viewer)

B

Bambul

For all those interested or just plain curious.

http://www.medrevue.unsw.edu.au

"The 2004 Med Revue, The Cat with the Fat, will be held in the Science Theatre (Map Coords F13) from Tuesday the 4th of May to Saturday the 8th of May. The show will start at 8pm and last for approximately 2 hours.

Tickets cost $10 for students and $15 dollars for others, with opening night tickets being $8 for everyone. There is also a med and college students night on Wednesday, where med and college students get tickets for $8. Just mention it when you're paying for your tickets. If you would like to book a ticket to The Cat with the Fat, then you can do so online by clicking on the bookings link above. Otherwise, tickets are available at the library lawn at 12 - 2 every day, and also at the door.

Med Revue is a sketch comedy show with singing and dancing. Since its inception in 1975, Med Revue has had a tradition of being a "comedy extravaganza", providing entertainment to countless generations of students. This years show looks be no different, containing sharp political and social satire, sexual innuendo, and med students. Drawing influences from many comical greats such as Monty Python, the D-Generation and Fast Forward, Med Revue casts its magic through comic sketches, exciting dance numbers (yes, sometimes boys do wear hot pants) and clever song parodies, poking fun at today's society and taking the audience on a fantastic journey.

The proceeds from Med Revue are always given to charity, and this year the proceeds from The Cat with the Fat will go towards the Meningitis Centre."

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
is this the thing the people in striped hats and scarves has been advertising?

sunny

meh.
HSC
I'm going - or Amy will make sure I do.

inasero

Reborn
HSC
well med revues are reknowned for their classy humour and original ideas- pity i can't go though. I'm sure a good time shall be had by all, nonetheless.

B

Bambul

Originally posted by sunny
I'm going - or Amy will make sure I do.
Yeah, Amy tends to beat me savagely whenever I do something that annoys her. And now that she found out that poking me makes me sleepy she won't stop.

She is pure evil! :chainsaw:

Did I mention that she is my partner in the closing dance? :rolleyes:

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
amy is not evil!!!! :)

and i'm going! saturday

Shawny

THE CAT WITH THE FUKING FAT
JOIN THE GYM
330BUCKS FOR 10MONTHS
20% DISCOUNT FOR CATS

+:: $i[Q]u3 ::+

Jaded Member
HSC
tsk tsk.. you'll be missing out on the greatest event of the year... you will come back to uni next monday and be deemed a social outcast because everyone else will have been enlightened...
no not really, but u should still come anyway =)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
yeah, join a revue and you end up joining all of them, or so it seems..

B

Bambul

Originally posted by Inhuman
In comp 1711 Richard told us all to go see it :D

I'll probably be going
So you're in Richie D's tutorial aye? I've actually been staying at his house this week and last week, so have other revuers, including one who is in one of his classes.

I've known having a tutor as a friend, but staying at their house for 2 weeks still confuses me a bit. :confused:

Anyways, show starts tonight (Tuesday). It's $8 for everyone, normally it is $10 for students. Or if you are a college or med student you can get in on Wed for $8 too.

BTW: they show will sell out on most nights, so if you want to go I suggest you get your tickets ASAP. Even if it doesn't sell out, if you leave it to the last minute you won't get very good seats.

B

Bambul

Originally posted by routemarker
what about booked seats online? do we just pay for them on the night?
If you booked tickets online then you can either pay for them at the library lawn at lunch time (Friday will be the last day) from 12:00-3:00 or pay at the door. But if you pay at the door you have to get there before 7:30 because after 7:30 all tickets that haven't been payed for go on sale to everyone so please make sure you arrive early!!

Lundy

Banned
HSC
Could you people please stop hounding me when I enter the uni each morning?

cyrax83

discrete is killing me :(
HSC
you cant go into the walkaway infront of the library without them talking to you about coming each time you walk past

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)