med schools in aus/nz (1 Viewer)

callum21

HSC
What medical schools within aus/nz offer entry to undergraduate med (non-standard entry) that either don't require umat, or have low umat requirements. Thanks

Dream Meteor

HSC
What medical schools within aus/nz offer entry to undergraduate med (non-standard entry) that either don't require umat, or have low umat requirements. Thanks
Hey Callum, how are you going? =)

I believe that James Cook university does not require UMAT, Bond Uni has low UMAT requirement but it is full fee, and Adelaide University has a relatively lower requirement compared to other uni's such as UNSW, Monash, Newcastle.

MetroMattums

HSC
UQ also offers it, I believe? I'm not sure about the UMAT result required, though..

Dr_Fresh

U MAD??
HSC
N/A
Although its arguably harder to get into 'undergrad' med @ usyd then any other undergrad med program.
thats because theres 20 spots compared to other unis that offer 200+. it is considered hard because there is serious competition for those 20 spots between the 99.95+ applicants who didnt do well on the UMAT or didnt sit it.
However, if i recall correctly, they started using the UMAT as a criteria for entry this year because they need to distinguish between the many 99.95 ATAR applicants where previously a few were able to get 100.

Havox

HSC
Uni Grad
thats because theres 20 spots compared to other unis that offer 200+. it is considered hard because there is serious competition for those 20 spots between the 99.95+ applicants who didnt do well on the UMAT or didnt sit it.
However, if i recall correctly, they started using the UMAT as a criteria for entry this year because they need to distinguish between the many 99.95 ATAR applicants where previously a few were able to get 100.
Well mathematically from 22 people in the state to roughly 40 now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)