• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Medentry Drills (1 Viewer)

Dosu

HSC
N/A
How did everyone here do on the medentry drills? For starters I find it really hard to work in front of the computer screen where I can't underline stuff or scribble on the page. Secondly, they give you considerably less time per question than the actual UMAT test. I'm guessing they are trying to emphasise the importance of time management. But it's crazy, because there is no way some of the questions can be done in a single minute where you have to read almost 200 words packed with information (this is in problem solving) If anyone has done the UMAT before how do their questions relate in difficulty to Medentry's? My future is looking bleak at htis point.

What do you guys do for these questions? Should I just invest the extra time and work through it or just guess and move on? (like one would in the actual exam)

dp624

HSC
i never did them
not enough time, just did the exams
lol

redlily

HSC
I also run out of time - especially with the problem solving ones. But at this stage, I'm not worrying about finishing the drills in the allocated time (of course, somtimes when I take like more double the time it worries me...haha).

Use the drills to find out your weaknesses and work on them. Work out your tactics/approach to different types of questions. Do a few without the time pressure and then gradually work your way to being within the time limit, or at least close to it.

I think the Practice Exams will give you a better indication of whether you're working fast enough.

I did the UMAT last year - and personally, I found section 1 harder than Medentry's section 1, primarily because there were several long stimulus to read to answer only about a couple of questions. That said, there are still people who finished it in time.
Section 2 is pretty much the same.
Section 3 was easier with very few tricky ones.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)