• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

MedEntry UMAT Prep Course - Group Discount Offer - Anybody interested? (1 Viewer)

Chandler_Bing

HSC
Our group needs one more person to be eligible for the MedEntry Platinum Package. It is normally $790 but is $570 with the group discount.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
It's shit and a waste of money, trust me. I've had friends that paid hundreds for it and didn't help them at all. The courses are out there to burn out your money, if you're suitable for UMAT, you'll perform and if not, you won't.

Johno23

HSC
N/A
It's shit and a waste of money, trust me. I've had friends that paid hundreds for it and didn't help them at all. The courses are out there to burn out your money, if you're suitable for UMAT, you'll perform and if not, you won't.
QFT

bec smith

HSC
N/A
Some quotes from the “Interim report of the National Research group evaluating revised entry mechanisms to medicine”, Ireland, July 2012:
http://medicine.tcd.ie/assets/pdf/HPAT-report-July2012-HEA-final.pdf

“The HPAT-Ireland scores of candidates who availed of commercial courses are higher than the scores of those who did not and this is evident in all HPAT subsections”

“In summary, analysis of the data supports a benefit to taking such commercial courses”

(HPAT used in Ireland is identical to UMAT and both are set by ACER.)

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
I reckon it comes down to personal oppinion I was talking to a fourth year med student a few days ago, and he said if I've got one piece of advice for you go to one of the UMAT courses. I just think that If I can afford the money than whats the harm you know?

Dan895

HSC
Uni Grad
Oh and for the discount to you have to go to the same seminar or whatever, you should PM me.

someth1ng

Retired Nov '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I don't see why you would want to pay $1000 to have a slightly higher chance of getting into medicine - even if it does help you a lot, you don't deserve it and will answer questions to get the highest mark rather than what you actually think. The part of purpose of UMAT is to get rid of some people that would not make good doctors (in theory).

In my opinion, don't take it.

bec smith

HSC
N/A
Personally, I don't see why you would want to pay $1000 to have a slightly higher chance of getting into medicine - even if it does help you a lot, you don't deserve it and will answer questions to get the highest mark rather than what you actually think. The part of purpose of UMAT is to get rid of some people that would not make good doctors (in theory).

In my opinion, don't take it.

These two issues are discussed here:
http://www.umat.net.au/umat-coaching-worth-cost/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)