Media (1 Viewer)

darkdog307

HSC
How many pieces of media do you guys think is needed (particularly in a band 6 essay)for the option essays?
How many is too little and how many is too much?
do you keep a balance of LCMRS or what are your plans?

Last edited:

rabbitohs123

HSC
N/A
How many pieces of media do you guys think is needed (particularly in a band 6 essay)for the option essays?
I have 2/3 for each topic pretty much. So 3 for domestic violence, 2 for artificial reproductive, 3 for product certification, etc

I am ok ????? :/

NickGero

HSC
I have 2/3 for each topic pretty much. So 3 for domestic violence, 2 for artificial reproductive, 3 for product certification, etc

Wow! Any chance you could throw some of those consumer ones our way, I've struggled for them a lot more than family articles.

jason2kool

HSC

are these just media articles? or including cases?

micwes12

HSC
are these just media articles? or including cases?
umm hopefully you known more than 2-3 cases for each topic lol! Unless you mean like each dot point. But I know heaps (like at least 10-15) for each of my topics (crime, human rights, consumers and family).
Media, not so much...like 2-3 for each topic? They fit in more with the themes and challenges.

jane bubble

HSC
Is it vital to include media? I have plently of cases/legislation, and my teacher says that you dont HAVE to include media if it doesn't support what you are arguing

NickGero

HSC
When you're discussing non-statutory measures, which could end up taking up quite a substantial part of an essay for some questions, I get a bit uneasy because I have no idea what I can support my argument with when there's not really cases/legislation.

S1MZ8

HSC
Is it vital to include media? I have plently of cases/legislation, and my teacher says that you dont HAVE to include media if it doesn't support what you are arguing
Yea thats true, it doesnt say in the rubrix that media articles are absolutely necessary for band 6 response.

People get the impression that the more media articles the more marks. Some of my essays include 3 media articles, some have none. Its just used to support your essay. Legislation + cases are enough...

enoilgam

HSC
There is no set amount you need. LCMR should be used to support your response where appropriate and nothing more. The focal point of your essay is the presence of a sustained argument. LCMR just support that.

jason2kool

HSC
for our option topics, should we know ALL the contemporary issues in depth?
or, is one argument related to every issue enough?

danniomc

HSC
for our option topics, should we know ALL the contemporary issues in depth?
or, is one argument related to every issue enough?
Definitely know one in a lot of depth, but make sure you know enough about all of the others in case the question leans too far against your best contemporary issue. As there are always two possible questions to answer, you'll probably be fine, but just in case, you wouldn't want to risk neglecting the rest of the issues, as the BOS can specify whatever they want.

lck

HSC
N/A
just make up shit for media. they don't care, as long as your not retarded about it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)