Medical Physics Option (1 Viewer)

damo_g

HSC
Who did medical physics and how did you find it? I think i may have managed full marks or at least close to it (touch wood), i wrote loads and am pretty sure i didn't leave anything out. The questions were really straight forward for med phys and the whole paper in general i thought.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Did fairly well in it I imagine...a few of my answers...I don't think I elaborated as much as I should and towards the end my 6 marker was lacking and I couldn't be effed fixing it up. Im guessing I will probably get 20's/25...hopefully closer to 25 rather than 20.

AAEldar

Premium Member
HSC
Was so stoked that the big mark question wasn't on MRI, hate that D:

I think I did very well, answered everything quite well I thought so hopefully I get a good mark out of it.

damo_g

HSC
What points did you guys make for the 6 marker?

CalumGemmell

HSC
Agreed, med physics was great, think I got about 22-24/25. Hoping for 90+ raw!

CalumGemmell

HSC
What points did you guys make for the 6 marker?
Talked about Marie Curie and her work on radioactivity (although this was not specified in the syllabus). Just generally how the use of radioisotopes works and how it can produce an accurate reliable image, and then tie this in with increased understand of radioactive decay, half-life's etc.

damo_g

HSC
Talked about Marie Curie and her work on radioactivity (although this was not specified in the syllabus). Just generally how the use of radioisotopes works and how it can produce an accurate reliable image, and then tie this in with increased understand of radioactive decay, half-life's etc.
cool. I talked about half lifes, decaying by positron emission, how they can be tagged to metabolic vessels like glucose to circulate in body.

PaterzAttack

fake based bitch
HSC
Was so stoked that the big mark question wasn't on MRI, hate that D:

I think I did very well, answered everything quite well I thought so hopefully I get a good mark out of it.
this. i was really expecting the big one to be on MRI...

what did everyone say about the x-ray and the MRI of the chest?
i talked about the x-ray imaging bone structure and the MRI imaging watery and fatty tissue, and how the chest cavity showed up as the big black space
and tried to incorporate the differences between them and why you might prefer one over the other depending on what you're looking for
i wasn't really sure about that question, it was rather vague :/ i hope i did alright

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
this. i was really expecting the big one to be on MRI...

what did everyone say about the x-ray and the MRI of the chest?
i talked about the x-ray imaging bone structure and the MRI imaging watery and fatty tissue, and how the chest cavity showed up as the big black space
and tried to incorporate the differences between them and why you might prefer one over the other depending on what you're looking for
i wasn't really sure about that question, it was rather vague :/ i hope i did alright
Wait...so was it MRI or CAT? I put MRI...but a number of people had CAT (dem scans look too similar).
Anyway, I can't remember what I wrote but I'm expecting 2/3 for that question.

damo_g

HSC
Wait...so was it MRI or CAT? I put MRI...but a number of people had CAT (dem scans look too similar).
Anyway, I can't remember what I wrote but I'm expecting 2/3 for that question.
I thought it was a CAT scan??? There is a dot point that says, students:

- gather secondary information to observe a CAT scan image and compare the information provided by CAT scans to that provided by an X-ray for the same body part.

The dot point seems to match the question pretty well. I don't see anything about comparing MRI and X-ray images, only advantages and disadvantages.

Wight

ಠ_ಠ
HSC
Most likely a CAT scan then...just looked a bit overly detailed for one :S. Oh well. 1/3 for that question xD.

Still aiming for 90+ raw

Sammy2011

HSC
I thought the Medical Physics option was brilliant! It has been the only topic of all my subjects that I have just loved, and this exam just reinforced it :)

I also put down that Scan B was a CT scan.

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
What did people get as the reflected pulse %? I didn't practice any of those since we did it in class so I winged it xD

OmmU

★ BoS Deity ★
HSC
Uni Grad
Yer I got something tiny (I can't remember) but something like .14 is popping up in my brain (may be something completely irrelevant xD) Thanks wight.

elvishtears

HSC
The medical physics options was so easy. For the image B I just wrote it was "Cat or MRI"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)