Medical Science and Medicine (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey!

Next year I'm going to try my absolute best to get into Undergraduate Medicine at UNSW but if I don't get the cut-off for Undergraduate Medicine is there a pathway from Medical Science to get into Medicine and does this work the same for USYD, UNSW? Could you also please explain how it works as well and what the usual ATAR cut-off is for MedSci at USYD and UNSW?

Don't say to me I should think about alternative options like doing anything other then medicine because medicine is my passion and the only thing I want to do even if it takes me years to get to :D

Thanks!

HSC
Hey!

Next year I'm going to try my absolute best to get into Undergraduate Medicine at UNSW but if I don't get the cut-off for Undergraduate Medicine is there a pathway from Medical Science to get into Medicine and does this work the same for USYD, UNSW? Could you also please explain how it works as well and what the usual ATAR cut-off is for MedSci at USYD and UNSW?

Don't say to me I should think about alternative options like doing anything other then medicine because medicine is my passion and the only thing I want to do even if it takes me years to get to :D

Thanks!
unsw has some lateral entry scheme, where they offer a select few medsci students a chance to move into med. I think it takes an extra year (so 7 overall). All in all, it's a terrible thing to rely on, and given that everyone in the course wants to jump in it, I dare say more competitive. Consider applying to as many med schools as possible. Also you will have to plan a backup if you don't get into a medicine degree, so start thinking about that.

HSC
Uni Grad
^imo the competition is overrated

i did little study (compared to them) but my wam is easily competitive for the lateral entry scheme

not that it matters much, but the average atar would lie somewhere in the low 90s

HSC

i did little study (compared to them) but my wam is easily competitive for the lateral entry scheme

not that it matters much, but the average atar would lie somewhere in the low 90s
k I never found the results cut offs to be a problem with medschool entry, it's always the umat/interview.

HSC

So your saying you can get into Medicine with this "lateral entry scheme" from MedSci as long as you get good marks? Are you doing Med Science @ UNSW by the way?

HSC
So your saying you can get into Medicine with this "lateral entry scheme" from MedSci as long as you get good marks? Are you doing Med Science @ UNSW by the way?
no

that unsw thing is dodgy

they basically choose how many spots to give, and then you go through umat/interview etc

iirc it's just to fill in gaps from drop outs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)