Medicine 😎 (1 Viewer)

4321suomynona

HSC
would it be possible for you to let me know what kind of environment the unsw med interview is? I know that it's MMI, but are the questions super difficult, are people really competitive, etc.?
Yes it is rlly super difficult and competetive from what i have seen. Ik one person who got a 99.95 and 97% ucat and then he got rejected from the interview stage.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Yes it is rlly super difficult and competetive from what i have seen. Ik one person who got a 99.95 and 97% ucat and then he got rejected from the interview stage.
Most of the med schools don’t reveal the proportions that ATAR, UCAT & interview contribute to the final score & ranking, but since most applicants who get an interview would have already achieved very high ATARs & UCAT scores, it’s likely that the main discriminator would be the interview. I imagine someone with an ATAR of 99.1, UCAT of 97 and an interview score of 90 is going to get in well ahead of someone with an ATAR of 99.95, UCAT of 97 & an interview score of 70 in any med school except USyd.

icycledough

HSC
Most of the med schools don’t reveal the proportions that ATAR, UCAT & interview contribute to the final score & ranking, but since most applicants who get an interview would have already achieved very high ATARs & UCAT scores, it’s likely that the main discriminator would be the interview. I imagine someone with an ATAR of 99.1, UCAT of 97 and an interview score of 90 is going to get in well ahead of someone with an ATAR of 99.95, UCAT of 97 & an interview score of 70 in any med school except USyd.
I guess you could make a case that the second set of scores (99.95, 97th percentile and interview of 70) could land someone an offer an UNSW (as an ATAR and UCAT that high doesn't necessarily need a top interview to get an offer, due to the 33/33/33 split between the 3 components).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)